Illinois Senate Democrats pass $5.4B tax increase

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 25, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinois-senate-democrats-pass-5-4b-tax-increase/
    AGREED with the red, sucks to be from IL .............oh, wait...........I am from CA and it sucks here too.

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

You want special programs, you get more taxes.

3. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

One of the most corrupt states in the country is raping the wallets and purses of its citizens.

Shocking.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

IMG_0022.GIF

Just keep spending 312. Make it rain government programs.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Next year they will be wondering where all the business went to.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

just like CA has :(

7. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

They might become the first state to file for bankruptcy protection. It will be a flaming disaster if that happens.

On the bright side, they'll make a great case study for the other 49 states on how not to run a government.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

States will fall under the "too big to fail" category and be "saved" by the federal government.

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I do wonder what fedGov will do. They didn't do anything for large municipalities like Detroit and Orange County CA. They might step in if it's an entire state. Will definitely be interesting.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

This state is so ****ed it's unbelievable. I have begged my wife to pack it up, but she comes back with the "friends and family" routine. When the ship is ass up in the air plunging to it's death you jump the **** off and hope everyone is smart enough to do the same. This is the result of the Democrats and the unions sinking this state into the abyss. The only way out is bankruptcy. Illinois is the only state in the country to lose population and that trend will continue. The thing that gets me is we have one dictatorial *******, Mike Madigan, who is practically a king and has ruled for decades (Speaker of the House). The Governor doesn't even matter, he's irrelevant, he's just someone who needs to sign whatever Madigan hands him to make it official. How the hell hasn't some hillbilly sister ****ing guy from Edwardsville taken a drive up to Springfield and killed the bastard with his daddy's deer hunting rifle yet? A Chinese satellite screaming to earth and hitting the State capital might be our only hope aside from The State Journal Register publishing a cartoon of Mohammed and ISIS coming to Springfield.

11. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Seems to be starting already, at least on the individual level

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...opulation-decline-met-20161220-story,amp.html

Huge tax increase with a shrinking population. Hmmm...I distinctly remember this very thing having some pretty awful consequences in SimCity. Maybe they'll fair better in real life. :p

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Man I am so sorry to hear that. Keep working on trying to flip the Mrs. so you guys can get out of there ASAP.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

She hates heat and humidity, so the entire southern hemisphere of the US is out of the question. Colorado is one place she's open to. Plus with two boys who will be entering the teenage years in 3-7yrs the legal weed may come in handy.

15. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I like to tell myself that the ones that are leaving aren't the ones causing the problem.

That's my hope.

16. DrewDaHilp1, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Some of them probably are not. They're outnumbered though, look at Colorado.

17. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Yeah that narrows things down quite a bit.

Ive never been but I rarely ever hear bad things about Colorado. I hear it's beautiful in most parts.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The ones leaving will be the ones who are fed up with it. They can't cut a damn thing (that's not how you win votes by taking anything away from anyone). They're running out of things to tax quite frankly. Maybe they'll start putting toll booths up on the major side streets. Honestly, the property taxes are what's driving most out. Those and the fact that they know as long as Madigan is alive this state will never turn the corner.

19. edk99 macrumors 6502a

So glad I left that state many years ago. I have many friends that work for the city of Chicago, police, firemen, teachers and other city jobs where it is required they live in Chicago. Coupled with the expense for living in the City and rising state taxes it is hard for some of them to get by.

20. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Amazes me that people continue to vote for Madigan and his cronies.

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well he is the ultimate gerrymanderer who has no other competition. Last time he ran it was against 3 other democrats in the general. Who the hell is gonna vote in a junior member with zero power when you have the King as your leader.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Come to northern New Hampshire.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I don't want to get that close to Canada and develop an inferiority complex.

24. webbuzz, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017

webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

They talk funny. I prefer the sunny south. :confused:

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

@webbuzz

Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades: shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers, a monster watch; and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.