Illuminated Apple logo on back of new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elykoj, Jun 5, 2012.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

I think this would be a cool little feature. With option to shut it off if you want.An LED could not take that much battery, and it would just illuminate when phone was in use.I have seen the mods online, so i wish Apple could incorporate this.:rolleyes:

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'd rather have an illuminated home button for notifications.

3. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

let's hope not

4. bollyboy macrumors regular

+1

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Everyone says that, but assuming it's load on the battery would be minimal, everyone would be talking about how cool it is. You know it and I know it. :D

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

this

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Did you consider the fact that a lot, if not most people put cases on their iPhones, which would kinda make this useless.

8. burnside macrumors 6502

The main reason for an illuminated logo on apple laptops is for marketing (you see it in public or on TV/movie). It wasn't put there so that people would think "hey, pretty cool", although that is one of the side affects. The main reason was to promote branding.

As one said, many have cases on their phone which would negate such a feature. Thus, not really worth the effort on Apple's part to implement when it means time, money, hardware, limited space, etc. Like other's have said, illuminate the home button. Much more functional.

9. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

You're most likely right about that. But I personally don't really like how the silver apple logo stands out as it is right now, let alone if they made it to light up. Cool is if there would be an option to turn it off :D

I'd love a small, low power notification LED next to the earpiece though.

10. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Other than having your iPhone become a huge beacon saying "Hi, I'm an iPhone. Please mug my owner"

...I would agree.

11. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

I don't use a case, but I would find an illuminated apple logo to be somewhat tacky and excessive.

12. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I would feel the same way about it that i feel about the apple on my MBP: I don't care if it lights up - I never see it.

13. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Even if you never see it... do you suddenly forget that you bought an apple product?

I don't care if other people looking at me know I'm using a iphone or not. It's just showy and shallow.

14. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

^^You kind of contradict yourself there. The illuminated apple logo is more of a cool factor item then anything else. And if by lighting it, it becomes more reconizable on TV, etc. Then it goes hand in hand. But it was ABSOLUTELY put there so people would say "hey, pretty cool".

15. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

16. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Not me. While I think an illuminated home button would be much more practical, a light up apple logo looks great. I've seen mods, and they don't look tacky at all. And I don't think it looks tacky on the MBP either.

17. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

That would be very cool indeed

18. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

exactly...

was thinking the very same thing:D

19. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Ask all the people who can't live without Apple Logo wallpapers. :rolleyes:

20. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

It's tacky because it's lit up as if you are advertising your brand. I understand if the logo is on there, but it doesn't need to light up. The logo on my car doesn't light up, and if it did I would look like a d-bag. The logo on my shoes don't light up, and if it did I would look like a d-bag.

21. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

No, it doesn't "have" to light up. But I think it would look good if it did. Not like some beacon glaring through the darkness, but a subtle glow. And only for certain functions. I am not one for glitz and bling either. But for some reason I like the idea of an illuminated apple logo...And you don't. That's why they make chocolate ice cream.

And bad examples you gave. You don't need light up sneakers to prove ur a d-bag. ;)

22. -SD- macrumors 6502

No, you'd look like Marty McFly :D

:apple:

23. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I think it would be a cool feature, but I would probably set it to OFF. Actually, if this feature doubles as a notification alert, then yes, I am onboard wishing Apple would implement it.

24. mhdena macrumors 6502

Only kids maybe, not full grown men:rolleyes:

25. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502