Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Francis Escueta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Hi guys im looking for a tempered glass screen protector and i have stumbled against the

iloome screenmate flex
Mime Feather glass
Spigen SGP glas.tR nano slim

and im wondering which one is the best? I chose these because they are thin enough for my iPhone 5S. Right now im currently debating over the spigen and mime screen protectors, and i would like to hear your suggestions about these products.

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
I have the iloome screen flex installed on 2 of my 5s I must say it feels like plexiglass but I do have a nano slim lying around just incase something happens to the iloomes but for the 16$ you can't beat it

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
iloome screen mate flex VS Mime Feather Glass VS Spigen glass.tR nano slim

I just ordered Bodyguardz Pure mostly for their more economical replacements. Bodyguardz Pure has ~$13 lifetime replacements while Spigen Nano glas.tr cost $5 more and offers ~$18 replacements for only 1 year.

ILoome was very intriguing but reviews suggest that they are much more susceptible to scratches and chips.

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
I don't see how you're going to get an honest comparison because most folks have purchased only one of those items.

That being said I think Spigen is the best one because it's the one I purchased and I'm happy with it.

afinch1992

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I only have experience with the mime feather, but I would try the iloome if i could do it over again. The feather has been great, but you can't beat that iloome for the price. With the replacement program from MIME you can get a new one for ~$15 no questions asked. They actually gave me a third one for $13 (im not the best at alignments, so the hinge method with the iloome is a definite bonus)

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
(im not the best at alignments, so the hinge method with the iloome is a definite bonus)

The hinge method can be used with any Screen Protector, It is just a couple pieces of tape on the sides so you align it before you drop it down on the screen.

That being said, I have the iloome and love it. 2 weeks now and not one mark, scratch, etc..

I had an order in for the Spigen Glas.tr Nano Slim and cancelled it, opting to try the iloome. I am glad I did. $40 vs $17 is a big difference. AND the iloome is much thinner.

ljdonato

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
The hinge method can be used with any Screen Protector, It is just a couple pieces of tape on the sides so you align it before you drop it down on the screen.

That being said, I have the iloome and love it. 2 weeks now and not one mark, scratch, etc..

I had an order in for the Spigen Glas.tr Nano Slim and cancelled it, opting to try the iloome. I am glad I did. $40 vs $17 is a big difference. AND the iloome is much thinner.

Ditto. Was going to write exactly the same. Except I bought two iloome flex, and cancelled my backordered nano slims. $80 vs. $34!!

I feels and look great, nobody notices it is on until I point it out.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
My experience with the flex, Feather glass and ghost glass are as follows......

Flex is total rubbish IMHO. Goes on well and it's thin which is nice but it shows surface scratches almost immediately and looked horrible after about 2 weeks or so. Plus the roughness at the beginning is annoying to deal with and it's oleophobic properties are crap and go away very quickly.

Feather glass was again nice and thin. It's not rounded however and I had a chip by the home button within 2 days. Another chip on the left side in another few days. Called Mime and sent a pic of the chip and requested my replacement be a ghost glass and that's what they sent.

Now I have used the Pure, Glass T, and the ones listed above and I must say the Ghost glass is by far the best one I have used.

Ghost glass went on easy and looks great. It's thicker than some but I don't care about that. It's smooth to the touch, the oleophobic properties are spot on and have not diminished as of yet. It has yet to show any surface/fine scratches that most would have shown by now. I will now exclusively use Ghost glass on my iProducts until I find something better.

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I have had an iLoome on my 5 for a couple of months now and I am VERY happy with it compared to the PURE I used to have. The thinness of the iLoome is great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.