I'm a guy and intentionally bought a Rose Gold iPhone SE. I love it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bounce08, Jan 1, 2017.

1. bounce08 macrumors member

I'm a 30 year old guy. A few days ago I intentionally bought an iPhone SE in Rose Gold.

I love it. I chose the SE for practical reasons - I have small hands, and also felt the 6/7 was too big for having in a pocket (was worried about it breaking).

The SE is a perfect size phone. It is small enough to not feel noticeable when carrying it, and I can type with one hand instead of needing 2 for the 6/7.

Also, the battery life is great. I can almost go two full days of moderate usage.

I chose Rose Gold, despite it being called "pink" and identified as more of a "female friendly colour", for three reasons:

1) I actually like the colour. It feels premium, and looks different in different lighting.

2) You can tell it apart from the other 5-body models as Rose Gold is exclusive to the SE/6/7.

3) Too many people go for Grey/Silver/Gold. Ive had plenty of iPhones and always played it safe with Space Grey.

Anyway.

I love the phone. I'd go as far as to say its my favourite ever iPhone - I've owned every single iPhone from the first one through to the 7 Plus and the SE is definitely my favourite size/performance compromise.

If Apple ever release an updated SE/SE2 I will be at the front of the queue.

2. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Honestly I'm confused as to why you had to associate your gender with color. As if you are yelling something. No sense in making this post. I'm a guy as well I didn't think nothing when I owned a rose gold phone. Smh

3. bounce08 thread starter macrumors member

Because traditionally (at least the last 30/40 years) pink has always been associated with females. And rose gold has been labelled "pink" numerous times.

I'm not in the minority having thought that.

But the point of my post is I love the SE and love rose gold.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I personally believe that physical appearance means very little, we should buy that which meets our needs and makes us happy. The opinions of others are just that.. opinions.

5. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

If your point was that love the SE/rose gold the. That's what your title would have been. But instead you tied your gender to it

6. bounce08 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, for the reason I stated in my last reply in that it is typically associated with females.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong - pink has heavily been associated as a feminine colour for decades, and still is.

7. ANTAWNM26, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017

ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

I'm not saying I'm right about anything. Your missing the point. The point is this. If your confident in who you are then you don't have to speak on a subject in that pink is associated with females omg they will think something in that order m im a guy. But make no mistake I'm not picking at you or even want to debate.

8. bounce08, Jan 1, 2017

bounce08 thread starter macrumors member

Fair enough. I created the thread with this title as it has been mentioned numerous times on here and on other social media - men not wanting to choose rose gold as it looks "pink".

The point of my thread was that as a guy, I love it even if some people associate the colour as feminine.

And if you have rose gold, then clearly my point isnt aimed at you.

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I'm a girl and I've never owned a single pink thing but my very first iPhone was a blue 5c. It was beautiful. I think everyone will choose a color and phone that fits them best.

I'm now on a 7+. The 7+ doesn't feel heavier than the 6s but I really needed the extra battery life. Add in the fact that jet black reminds me of the 5c in texture and feeling, and I'm happy with my choice.

10. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Not that there is anything wrong with that! :D

11. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

Had a pair of Beats Solo wireless in rose gold.
    Ordered for someone else but I ended up with them.
    Sold 'em after a while, though.
    Just couldn't get used to the girly colour.
    A phone might be different, because it's likely a case will cover that awful colour up.

12. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

It's sad reading threads like these...gender and color association shouldn't be a thing in 2017. Rock whatever color you like. Gender makes no difference and anyone saying otherwise needs to evolve IMO

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you secure enough with your sexuality?
    If yes then it's no big deal what color is the back plate of your iPhone ;)

14. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

BAFD3193-9DB1-4743-91FF-DB84713A30BDL0001--IMG_0364.PNG.jpg This is a great iPhone in small package,the design is classic and best looking among the lineup

15. foxconn Suspended

Why is it that every guy that owns a rose gold iPhone tries to make themselves feel better with posts like this?

16. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

I'm quite secure in my sexuality.
    However, I do not want a rose gold phone, rose gold underwear, a rose gold car, a rose gold house or anything else rose gold.
    If you love rose gold or pink then good for you; I don't like the colour though.
    Sorry if that offends you and the rest of the PC crowd.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree. And I'm not pc at all actually.
    If you like the color good, if not it's your choice;)
    It wouldn't make me think any more or less of you if you're using a rose gold device or if you wear a pink tie.

18. Sunny1990, Jan 1, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I always go for new color in the lineup weather it's gold /rose gold or black
    iPhone 5S -Gold
    iPhone 6S Plus-Rose Gold
    iPhone SE-ROSE Gold
    iPhone 7-Matt black
    Jet Black-next year if no new color added

19. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

I had a gold iPhone 5S once. Something different from black or white I thought, but man did that colour get old fast.
    Didn't like it much after a while.
    I'll stick to black or white (usually black) for my phones.
    But I agree, it's nice to have choice.

20. E.Lizardo macrumors 65816

I think the more interesting thing is that you "intentionally" chose that color. Interesting choice of words.

21. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

Your a woman trapped in a mans body :p

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like already existing extensive coverage of this type of topic here might have been overlooked:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/rose-gold-iphone-suitable-for-guys.1945525/

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/bros-with-rose-gold-iphones.1935809/

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/men-with-the-rose-gold-iphone.1923345/

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-6s-rose-gold-colour-a-male-option-merged.1913996/

23. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I am just impressed you have owned every iPhone ever made. Do you buy the regular and plus sized phone every year? Just curious.

24. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

When I read threads like this, I can only think that the thread starter is trying to justify their purchase. That said, the iPhone SE is a great phone choice, I hope you enjoy it!

25. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Agreed. I think the OP is really excited about his new iPhone and was just elaborating on his choice of color and others in here are twisting something more than it has to be. It's just a color and others are questioning his real intentions. Others need to respect his decision and move on to bigger things, which maturity in here can Go only So far apparently.