Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonsterZero

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Im running 10.2.8

now, I CANNOT for the life of me remember how to turn on the OS X effect that makes folders animated to life...i turned it off so long ago, I cant remember how to turn it on ! lol

I feel myslef getting dumber by teh second.

help.

:)

EDIT:

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

Genie Effect.

Im a moron.

TOTAL and UTTERLY.

Feel free to wipe this post clean from the earh

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about....

Folders animating to life???????

Hmmmm.........

The only thing I can think of is Spring Loaded folders which you cannot turn off. Its always on. The only thing you can do is adjust the amount of waitign time. To adjust that, make sure you're in Finder and then go to the Finder Menu, then to Preferences. It should be there somewhere. If this isn't it, then I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
Are you talking about the dock icons?
You can change those effects in System Preferences - Dock. There's a check box right at the bottom.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
mklos said:
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about....

Folders animating to life???????

Hmmmm.........

The only thing I can think of is Spring Loaded folders which you cannot turn off. Its always on. The only thing you can do is adjust the amount of waitign time. To adjust that, make sure you're in Finder and then go to the Finder Menu, then to Preferences. It should be there somewhere. If this isn't it, then I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

just a correction you can totally disable spring loaded folder, look in the .plist files.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
NusuniAdmin said:
just a correction you can totally disable spring loaded folder, look in the .plist files.

that's true, but you can disable a lot of things by looking in the plist files. Make backups or something if you're gonna do this though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.