Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orwell1984

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
There a way to easily-ish do this? I know there was a way posted by modmyifone awhile ago, but that required a whole bunch of renaming and complicated steps that I don't really have the time for, especially since I had 90 ringtones in 1.0.2 that don't work anymore.

Any way to do this? Like, can I just rename the mp3s or m4as to m4r and drag and drop to the ringtone folder via WinSCP or anything like that?

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
If you have installer.app (via jailbreakme.com or other jailbreaking method), you can install sendsong and sync your ringtones to your phone just like normal music tracks (they have to be in AAC though, no mp3). Once they are on there, click on the ringtone in sendsong and then click "add to ringtone" and it'll be there. Apparently, you'll have to go through and click each ringtone and add it to ringtones each type you sync.

vincent6396

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2007
There a way to easily-ish do this? I know there was a way posted by modmyifone awhile ago, but that required a whole bunch of renaming and complicated steps that I don't really have the time for, especially since I had 90 ringtones in 1.0.2 that don't work anymore.

Any way to do this? Like, can I just rename the mp3s or m4as to m4r and drag and drop to the ringtone folder via WinSCP or anything like that?

Easy way to do it and iTunes Won't Delete you ringtones again.

http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12758&ringtones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.