I'm currently on the 4S... Shall I get the 6C when it comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mrdjfunkyboy, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Mrdjfunkyboy macrumors newbie

I think it is a given that Apple are going to be releasing the iPhone 6C this year alongside the 6S and 6S plus.

My question is, should I hold out and upgrade to the 6C when it comes out? I am very happy with my 4S but I know that it will likely only just survive the IOS 9 era and will be slower than it is now.

However, I am unsure of the specification of the 6C. I am assuming that it will be similar in comparison to the new iPod touch?

E.g
    A8/M8 1.1ghz dual core
    1GB RAM
    Possibly 16GB/32GB/64GB?
    Hopefully £319 (not the £439 price tag the 5C was released with)

I was going to but the 5C but assumed it would not last very long in the Apple ecosystem as it has the same specs as the 5 from 2012

Should I hold out for the 6C? Or should I get the 5C or 5S? Thanks :)

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I would definitely not consider the 5C at this point, since it is only one generation newer than the iPhone 4s, while a theoretical iPhone 6C would be three generations newer. If an iPhone 6c is released, most likely it will have the same specs as the iPhone 6, with some possible minor improvements such as support for more LTE bands and a slightly bigger battery (just like the iPhone 5C had over the iPhone 5).

3. Mrdjfunkyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

That sounds good... But wouldn't Apple be missing the point of a 'cheaper iphone' once again because that would easily cost £400 or more... Let's hope they release it with the 1.1ghz processor (which outperforms the 5s 1.3ghz in all benchmarks anyway) :D

4. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

To be honest, I don't think Apple will release an iPhone 6c this time around, as we have yet to see any leaks of it. By this time two years ago, there was a flood of iPhone 5c pictures. Most likely Apple will continue to sell the iPhone 6 for $100 less than the iPhone 6s.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think this is what will happen.

6. Mrdjfunkyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Will the 5s then go down to £319 like the 4s did?...

7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I'm not entirely sure about iPhone prices that are not in U.S. dollars, but if you're referring to when the line up was iPhone 5s, 5c, and 4s, then most likely the 5s will be the same price as the iPhone 4s was when it was the entry-level iPhone.

The 5s is still a very capable phone, certainly much closer to the 6 than the 4s was to the 5.

8. Mrdjfunkyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info... And yes I'm referring to the 4S -5C - 5S line up. If that happens then I will probably go for the 5s