I'm doing an acoustic gig soon and want to save my lyrics on iPad: HOW TO?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Joeytpg, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

if I have a text on the computer and I want to put it on my ipad's "notes" app......how can I do this?

2. krause734 Suspended

krause734

3. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

You could e,ail yourself the you could email yourself the lyrics and then copy them from the email into the notes app. The app option I would prefer but here's another option if you want :)

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Another option would be to use Dropbox. You can save the lyrics as text files in the Dropbox folder on your computer, then open them from your iPad.

5. Chelmo macrumors regular

You can save the lyrics in PDF format using Microsoft word, email them to yourself and open in iBooks on your iPad and it'll stay in your iBooks for quick access? If you have pages app it would be even easier to store the lyrics there

6. Infrared1 macrumors newbie

Send lyrics as email. Select all > copy, then, paste them in the notes app.

7. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I'd probably create PDFs of the songs first. At that point there are a number of apps that would work well, but I would probably use iBooks because I like the interface.

8. spiderman0616 macrumors 68040

spiderman0616

I'm a musician as well and have found the PDF reader built in to iBooks to be very good. I do a lot of arrangements throughout the year for area schools (usually high school musicals--putting songs in different keys and stuff like that.) The directors usually e mail me the originals in PDF format and I save them in iBooks. I can then put my iPad on a music stand and have it right next to my PC where I'm inputting notes. It's crystal clear and I can't accidentally put any pages out of order. I love it.