I'm done with betas. 10.13 making Mac Pro restart randomly.

macpro2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
Let's hope that there is an update today and things progress quickly. But for me...I'm waiting. :)

Jimmyjamh

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2013
i've installed every public beta since i joined the program (several years back), and, while i've had some challenges (including a big one in logic X), i have no regrets. nothing catastrophic has happened, and it's been fun (there, i said it), exploring new features, functionality. all this on both my macs.

your mileage may vary...

Completely agree. I’ve been lucky enough to get the betas at the same time as developers - to this day I’ve no idea how as I only signed up for public betas. But I love it. I’m having a few issues with IOS 11 at the moment but high Sierra is working really well for me. I like trying out the new features and providing feedback. I know that the issues are generally resolved pretty quickly.

Reactions: fisherking

kissmo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
I might install it on all our production machines at work tomorrow!
Just be careful - I wouldn't put on all machines...
If you cannot resist the temptation, try at least on 1 machine, or try one by one.

Still not recommended though since you may face some issues.

I had it installed on a production machine and I ended up rolling back. There aren't so many features that you use on a daily basis - I am not sure it's worth the trouble.
Just make sure you backup the machines so you will have something to fall back to.

My suggestion is to wait a couple of days at least until DP2 comes out, maybe the iron out some issues.

oscarodas

macrumors regular
May 7, 2013
Sydney Australia
I did pull the plug today, guess I'll wait for the next two builds, I had High Sierra installed since day one , no problems at all, yesterday I decided to use photo boot when I finished i had a spinning ball when trying to quit the program, after almost two hours I knew that something was wrong, I couldn't force quit, so I decided to re-start the system but it wouldn't do it until photo booth quit, so my only option was to turn the computer off using the power button, when i re-started the computer it booted into my sierra 10.12.6 so I looked and my ssd was gone Disk utility would see the disk and report it as 512GB with 511gb free the whole system was gone so the only option was to format my ssd again and use Sierra until the official release of High Sierra.