I'm emigrating from the US on 11/22; whom can I contact at Apple to expedite my MacBook Pro order?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beethovengirl, Nov 9, 2016.

1. beethovengirl macrumors regular

No, I'm not leaving b/c of the election; I planned this move a couple months ago!

The short story: I've seen that consumers occasionally get replies from Apple executives they've emailed. I'm wondering whom you might suggest I try contacting about my situation (I've already dealt with Apple customer service, and they said they can't move my order up in the queue). My current delivery estimate for my Touch Bar MacBook Pro is 11/22-11/30. I'm leaving the US (moving to Israel, a country with no Apple store) on 11/22.

The long story: I originally thought I might be moving a week earlier, and I contacted online support at the Apple store a couple hours after the new MacBook Pro was announced. At that time, the delivery window was 2-3 weeks, and it took awhile for me to get through to a representative to ask about whether I could cancel my order if it didn't arrive before I move to Israel. The Apple rep gave me misleading info on the matter, and I have the chat transcript to prove that. I then submitted my order; when I originally started my order, it said 2-3 weeks, but by the time I finished, it said 3-4 weeks. On top of this, the shipment I received of other items in the order arrived damaged. Given these circumstances, I hope that even others ahead of me in the queue would agree that my situation justifies queue-jumping. In any case, do you have a suggestion for someone at Apple who might be able to help me?

2. David58117 macrumors 65816

3. Deanster macrumors regular

Apple tends to be very much a first-come/first-serve company.

It's worth contacting them to ask, I suppose, but realistically, you'll probably just need to have a family member or friend forward your new MBP to you in Israel via FedEx or UPS.

4. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

You are choosing to move. Get back in line...

5. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Become famous enough to be able to call Tin Cook up directly and ask him.

Not joking, seriously, that is about the only way anyone gets an expedited order from Apple.

6. tylerwatt12 macrumors regular

Change the shipping address to a package forwarding service. and pick it up in your new country.

7. TheAppleFairy, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016

TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Deleted..read too quick and thought you said you were moving because of the election.

8. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Not trying to be rude, but you really need to wait in line like the rest of us. As one poster has stated, first come first serve. If everyone said they are moving, everyone will get their first and thats not cool.

If you really need a MacBook for work or urgent matter, you can get a non-Touch ID today.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Apple will not make an exception for you. Period.

10. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

The easiest option would be to have a family member or friend forward you the laptop once it arrives.

11. 3pp macrumors member