I'm enjoying my preowned 1st gen wifi iPad that I'm now tempted by the 3G iPad 2.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wineandcarbs, Apr 4, 2011.

1. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I JUST bought a preowned first gen wifi iPad in excellent condition. I'm loving it so much that I'm tempted to pick up a 16 or 32 gb 3G one now so I can really use it on the go (I can rarely pick up free wifi networks near me). I thought my iPhone was enough for on the go, but boy is this ever tempting...

Would this be crazy?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If you are on a capped data plan on your iPhone, I'd recommend going with the $45 / month plan. I think its cheaper if you go that route rather than buying a 3G ipad and paying individually for that.

3. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am on a capped data plan but I'm in Canada and my provider doesn't offer an unlimited plan. I haven't gone over my data usage though. The iPad is just so convenient but I don't know if I can justify spending $700+ plus monthly fees just to use it on the go when I just got an excellent first gen wifi one (typing on it now).

4. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

I am in Canada and have a 6GB plan on my iPhone and I just use that data with my iPad. Works great.