I'm extremely impressed by the google app's voice recog. It speeds up searches a lot.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jun 21, 2009.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Did anyone else install the google app.

They have a voice search option, where you just say something and it searches it. It's extremely accurate. I've said everything from "evanesence" to "zucchini" to "hallelej" and it always searched the right word. It has never once failed to search the correct term.

I highly highly recommend installing the google app. It speeds up searches sooo much. And if nothing else, its great for showing off. Everyone I've shown it to were extremely impressed by how it was able to recognize the most obscure words and phrases they could think of.

I really hope that one of the free text messaging apps (textfree lite or textplus) uses the same massive word database to implement voice command text messages soon.

2. Ben C. macrumors member

Ben C.

It couldn't do phenylketonuria or immune thrombocytic purpura. But it nailed just about everything else! Great tool to have ... thank ya Google!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I use it a lot and it works flawlessly. People are always impressed with it.