I'm Finally Upgrading!

sandro

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
San Francisco
I just wanted to share it with you all fellow Mac lovers, Today I placed my order for my new G4 Ti powerbook 867Mhz, with an airport card and 768MB RAM and an external LaCie 120 Gig Firewire HD for back up and my huge collection of MP3s. I can hardly wait, they said i should have it in a couple of days, we'll see...:D Oh yea I almost forgot to mention that this Powerbook will be replacing my aging 266Mhz G3 Minitower.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: I'm Finally Upgrading!

Originally posted by sandro
I just wanted to share it with you all fellow Mac lovers, Today I placed my order for my new G4 Ti powerbook 867Mhz, with an airport card and 768MB RAM and an external LaCie 120 Gig Firewire HD for back up and my huge collection of MP3s.
Congrats! How long have you waited for this upgrade?

I just bought a 120 Gig LaCie firewire drive myself, its fantastic!

D

macphisto

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2002
At home
*drool*

The sad thing is I don't have any type of computer. I WANT an Apple, but lack the cash, but maybe come January! :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: *drool*

Originally posted by macphisto
The sad thing is I don't have any type of computer. I WANT an Apple, but lack the cash, but maybe come January! :D
So what *are* you using to post? Online at work or school?

sandro

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
San Francisco
Re: Re: I'm Finally Upgrading!

Originally posted by dukestreet

Congrats! How long have you waited for this upgrade?

I just bought a 120 Gig LaCie firewire drive myself, its fantastic!

D
I've been waiting a little over 3 years, although I always wanted to get a laptop but now that a G4 laptop is just as good as a desktop system, what better time to get one than now! I think I'll like my 120 Gb LaCie just as much as do. Thanks for the post :)

macphisto

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2002
At home
Re: Re: *drool*

Originally posted by dukestreet

So what *are* you using to post? Online at work or school?
Through my mind. ;) Well, just thought I would talk a shot at being clever. Actually, I have lots of connections with computers. At work I check the posts and post occasionally, the real quality time I spend here at MR comes when I am at my wife's work, university labs (it is good to have connections), and my other business. But none of my own.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
congrats. unless you love LaCie (and who doesnt? they stayed with apple through the rough years) maxtor has a 250GB firewire drive with an instant back-up button ...... for windows users