Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
People are really digging the white.

I hope more and more people buy the black so the white can be more rare. :)

jakeacc

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Can you see any smudges/dirt on the white case? I like the look of the black case a lot better, but seeing the smudges all over it is kinda gross.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Can you see any smudges/dirt on the white case? I like the look of the black case a lot better, but seeing the smudges all over it is kinda gross.

Nope. You can't see smudges. You catch some dirt here or there but you just wipe it off. Its like my macbook white.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
i agree, i cannot get enough of the white, i have a case but i am going to return since i love the color of it haha. no smudges or anything here..

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
I have to admit, I was sure I wanted a Black 16GB model, but when I saw the white one, and everyone sold out of the black ones, so I went with white.

I have always had white iPods, so it seemed like a natural fit. I like the way it matches the dock/cable/charger, etc.

I think it's a good choice for me!

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
glad you're happy with your purchase, but I'm still not much of a fan of the white one. I haven't used my black iphone 3G out in public much yet, but the few times I have, I've noticed several people catching a glance of it and then staring and watching me, but never saying anything

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
sweet, I can't wait to see a white one in person. Sounds like they look a lot better than it appears online.

I generally like white products (cars, macbooks, ipods, etc) so I was excited when the white was announced. But by the time launch day rolled around all the pics that were showing up online made it look like crap.

I was SO happy when I saw it in person, its really sexy. :cool:

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
My girlfriend and her mom were so adamant about getting the black one and called me nuts for choosing white. Now after having the phone for a couple of days, my girlfriend's mom is jealous of my white one. That being said, they both look really good.

Bindi

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
I ended up getting the white, too...and I am loving it!!! To be honest, I would have taken any color they had, but so happy to have gotten a white one...just the most awesome phone I have ever owned. I've been playing with it nonstop since getting it yesterday!:D

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
if they made the front white too......

OH man!!!!!!! Limited edition. I would of paid double.

You hear that STEVE!!!!

loskickking23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
I got the black one Friday morning and my wife decided she wanted a iPhone today.we finaly got into the store after standing in line this morning and they said all they had left was the white.she didn't want white I told her I will take the white and take my black.I have been in love every since.

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
I was looking at the black online for the last 30 days and was sure that was going to be the one for me. Then while sitting in line for 3 hours before the AT&T store opened it hit me. White was the one for me, when I got into the store (#8) they asked me what I wanted and went for the 16g White. Glad I did as it is awesome!

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I was visiting my friend at his job (starbucks) and I got a call and I answered it. I totally forgot I had a 3G since the front looks exactly the same but the back is really eye catching.

Someone ended up asking me if that was the new 3G iPhone and I got into a couple of conversations with like 3 people there wanting to see it, asking about it, etc.

pretty sick

Denny Crane

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007
Alabama
People are really digging the white.

I hope more and more people buy the black so the white can be more rare. :)

Threads like these cause me to question my decision to go with the black 16GB. It is gorgeous, but so predictable. The bolder choice would have been to go with the equally gorgeous white one. :(

Bindi

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Threads like these cause me to question my decision to go with the black 16GB. It is gorgeous, but so predictable. The bolder choice would have been to go with the equally gorgeous white one. :(

I think the black is classy looking...even tho I got a white one, I'm just glad I got a 16GB. They are both equally beautiful in their own way!;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.