I'm getting my Macbook Pro 13" with Retina in the morning!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jacoblee23, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I just sold my air and decided to pay the difference (at least I have the 10% off movers coupon and doing the Best Buy sale). I loved my air but after having retina on my iPad air 2 and 6 plus the screen was this thing that always bothered me in the back of my mind sometimes. It's tough to go back after you have retina. I start graduate school to get my Master's this June.

I am going to get Apple Care on it and keep this at least until I graduate. I couldn't be more excited! Will I notice any improvements in just every day tasks speed wise? My air was already lightning fast. Also, what is the best way to reset this Air to factory settings before the buyer picks it up?

2. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

In regards to resetting the MBA, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201376

In regards to your question about whether you notice a difference in performance, it really depends on what your "everyday" tasks are. In simple things like web browsing or typing out a document or anything similar to that, you probably won't notice a difference, but in more intensive tasks such as image/video editing/production or similar, you would more then likely notice a difference.

Congrats on your new rMBP BTW

3. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I just purchased the base rMBP from BB on sale for $1,099 less the 10% movers coupon for a grand total of $989 plus tax! I couldn't be happier.
    I don't need much space since I'll use it mostly for browsing, email and Netflix. I did order an external USB 3.0 enclosure and a 250Gb Samsung 850 SSD for photos and iTunes.
    I'll probably ditch my iPad Air 2 128Gb.

4. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice setup! I use my iPad air 2 less and less now that I have a 6 plus.... Decisions lol.

5. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Just got back from BB. Picked one up ;). They didn't even have the 1,099 price marked in store, but of course they honor their online price. Plus my 10% movers coupon equals winning.

Coming from a 2013 11" MBA. OH HOW i missed the Retina screen and the wrist surface area for my big paws. And of course the extra 1.3" of screen. :D

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you went ahead and sold your 11"? Btw, can you please tell me what it was after tax with the coupon? Needing an estimate of what to bring funds wise.

7. vanimal macrumors 6502a

With 10% movers coupon with 6% sales tax i paid $1049

8. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Uh oh. I messed up. While resetting To factory settings I guess I did something wrong and now when I start my Mac up a folder with a question mark flashes. Help!!

9. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You should be able to use internet recovery.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314