I'm getting the "i" on my signal strength icon and not getting a connection. Help.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FloridaMac, Jun 24, 2011.

1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

I've go no internet connection. My Time Capsule has been reset and is working properly it seems and my cable modem is working fine also. I called my cable provider and they said everything looked good on their end and that I should be receiving fine. But I'm getting that little "i" in the middle of the signal strength icon. Does anyone have any suggestions. It just all of a sudden started doing this. TIA.

2. simsaladimbamba

What exact Mac with what exact Mac OS X version are you talking about, and could you provide screenshots?

Have you made sure, the Mac is connected to the correct wireless network and is not creating its own network?
    Have you tried an Ethernet cable instead?

3. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I'm at work so I can't do a screenshot. I have a iMac 24" with Snow Leopard. At first my network would show up in the list of networks but wouldn't connect and then when i reset it, some random network was there (it was something like 'Appledevice15b28b'). Now, I can't even get it to bring up my network. When I hit join other network and manually type it in it still doesn't recognize it.