Im going insane.. Neeeed help with iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vidalsassoon, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Vidalsassoon macrumors newbie

so i bought this iphone 4 (i believe possibly iphone 4s) off of a friend about a year ago and i had put in a password but then didnt set it up and put it away for most of the year. so now i dont remember it and i tried so many times its disabled. i've looked for hours and days for an answer on how to get into it and i cant find shiiiit. It has never been connected to my itunes and the girl i bought it off of also sold that computer and we also dont have contact anymore (she's a straight up bitch).. i've done everything i possibly can, i tried DFU and didnt get anywhere with that like normal people do.. i tried resetting it by shutting it off, unplugging it, clicking the home button and plugging it back in.. and i think im the only one on this planet that doesnt get the corn and itunes symbol ..

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are you sure you've got it correctly into DFU mode? Because that really should work. What happens when you put it into DFU? iTunes doesn't recognize it, you get an error message, what?

3. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

Agree with the above poster. No reason why DFU wouldn't work. I suspect you didn't actually get it into DFU mode, as it's not always easy to do.

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Try restoring from iTunes. What does it say?

Also, if the IMEI of that phone is tethered to another Apple/iTunes account, and you can't contact the account holder, you may be screwed.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you are thinking about the activation lock feature introduced with iOS 7, that shouldn't be a concern as this phone was bought a year ago and hasn't been used since then -- so there is no way it was updated to iOS 7.

Oh, and just remembered -- if you are getting into DFU mode correctly, there should be NO iTunes symbol. The phone screen should remain dark, as if nothing is happening, but iTunes should report that it has detected a phone in recovery mode.

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

So you don't know which iPhone you bought?

You put in a password but didn't set it up?

You never connected your newly bought iPhone to your own computer?

Sounds fishy.