I'm Gonna LOVE my Rose Gold 6S Plus.. Here's Why...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by campingsk8er, Sep 23, 2015.

1. campingsk8er, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Okay, sorry for another one of these, but simply put, I don't care wait colour my phone looks like, as its my phone. I wanted it, so I got it.

However, for anybody debating and now in the dilemma of getting their Rose Gold 6S (Plus), because someone is making fun of you for having a pink phone, just say this. "I'm a firm supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness, or I love Boobies, so I'm showing them my support." No one is going to argue with you about that.

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

However you feel the need to justify the purchase then do so.

3. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

You know people who have Rose Gold breasts?
    Are you James Bond?

4. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not trying to justify my purchase at all. It literally took me a minute to decide if I wanted the Rose Gold iPhone, I said yes, and I haven't regretted it since. I honestly don't care what people think of me (or my phone). I was just stating this as something others could say to people.

5. LLL1424, Sep 23, 2015

LLL1424 macrumors 6502

LLL1424

Seriously? Did you have to create a thread and waste our times just to tell us this ? Really? o_O

6. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Okay. You do you, I guess, but I'm gonna love mine because it's an iPhone.

7. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

HEY HEY HEY! I'm procrastinating from doing my college research project on corporate strategy and clearly thought this was a better use of my time! :p

8. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Not everyone loves "boobies".
    Some of us are gay.
    And some of us stopped caring about them once we stopped breastfeeding.

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Even if it's not the real reason for the purchase, those of us who are survivors or love someone who is a survivor or who lost someone to breast cancer will appreciate any show of support and raising awareness.

Also, men do get and die of breast cancer, too. My husband's childhood friends lost their dad to breast cancer. So all you great guys on this forum, educate yourself on what you need to know to do self exams and incorporate breast cancer screening into your healthcare.

It's a horrible disease and the money raised so far IS making a difference. My mom is a survivor thanks to advances made in the last fifteen years in early detection and treatment.

10. techiebug macrumors 6502a

No one is making fun of anyone unless you're in high school. Grown-ups really don't give a s*** about a phone color as they have more things to worry about

11. GrumpyMom, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015

GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Speaking as a grumpy mother, get back to your studies this instant! I'd try to come up with something else to scold you with but I'm too exhausted from nagging everybody else today. ;)

And thanks for reminding me why I am so happy to be old and out of college forever! :D

Theoretically you should be right about that...but have you seen all the pink iPhone angst on this forum? Holy cats! :eek:

12. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

But how many of those people are actually grown ups?

13. GrumpyMom, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015

GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I just thought of something...and no I didn't hurt myself...you can always tell anyone bothering you about your rose gold iPhone that it brings out the rosy complexion in your cheeks. And then moon them!

And no, I'm not trying to avoid doing a college paper. I'm just unwinding before bed.

Hmmm...good question. One does wonder...

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'm not wondering at all. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of the ratio of kiddies to adults. :D

15. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Will not be hiring you for any sort of strategic planning lol. Joke aside, enjoy your phone

16. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

True that. My grandma survived about 8 years ago.

It's too bad the rose gold isn't a little more similar to the watch and the copper color. I'm not much into the pink but a copper phone would be pretty amazing.

17. barondebxl macrumors 6502

barondebxl

Lol exactly what I was thinking

18. Maven1975, Sep 23, 2015

Maven1975 macrumors 6502a

Do you support prostate cancer efforts too?

Breast cancer only? That sounds like a self serving agenda to me.

19. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

How could a thread dedicated to justifying their purchase of Rose Gold claim to not be justifying their choice and pretend they aren't at least 1% self conscious about it? I don't get it... its pink, nobody cares, but don't try to a) claim its not pink or b) make any other claims justifying it and claim you are not justifying it

20. barondebxl macrumors 6502

barondebxl

IPhone release season, lots of ppl show funny symptoms

21. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

I seriously am not justifying my purchase at all... you're talking to the person who sold their Space Grey Apple Watch Sport because they wanted to buy the Gold Apple Watch Sport (which I did) because I liked the new colour. I seriously could care less what someone thinks of me or my phone. I simply made the thread a) I'm procrastinating from my paper, and b) give others an "excuse" of how to justify why they have a pink/rose gold phone.

22. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

Regardless of chronological age

23. eyedoc2020 macrumors regular

If you are a female you will call the phone pink. If you are a male you will tell all your friends it is Rose gold. Then all your male friend will call ******** and correct you and call the phone pink.

Buy whatever makes you happy. I am sure many purchased this color just to say they have the newest color iphone, and if that makes you happy...then itnis the correct color for you.

24. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Well those are good intentions, I'm not going to argue with that. Now get back to writing your paper.

25. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Instead of worrying about what other people think, try promoting self-belief and confidence in one's self.