Im heading to Tokyo next week with my 3GS and Blackberry Bold.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richard371, Aug 13, 2009.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I am wondering if the Japanese phones will be that much more advanced? Will they have an OS and applications like Apple? I always heard their phones are years ahead of us. Will I look like an idiot lol?

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

A lot of Japanese phones have more advanced features (I just saw one that records HD video!) but have horribly unintuitive OSes and are fairly large and clunky. Whatever lead Japan had in cell phone technology has shrunk dramatically in the past five years or so, IMO. Which is why the iPhone is growing in popularity here now. I see at least three or four iPhones on my commute now, every day. Today was no exception ;)

3. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

What about the blackberry bold?

Should I just leave it here and stick with the 3GS?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Who cares? You have the phone you need the phone go to Tokyo and just chill.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think your 3G S will blow japanese phone out of the water. :) You will look trendy with your iPhone. I bet they aren't that common there.