Im in a serious relationship with my new MBA 11.6

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by falconeight, Oct 22, 2010.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

First I have to say that the battery lasting 5 hours is modest. I actually made it 6:40 minutes at 40% light, wifi, multiple web pages open, and watched a few you tube videos. I haven't heard the fan come on once, and the MBA has not shown any sign of lag. It fits in my notebook without even noticing I have it inside. I love the way it powers on, and the flash hard drive is blazing fast in everything it does. The screen is the best crispest screen I have ever seen. I was going to order the 1.4ghz 128Gb version but changed my mind and bought a 1gb time capsule from apple's refurb for $200.00. So I am keeping all my music, pictures, and movies on the time capsule and programs on the MBA. I just had to post my feelings on this Mac I think Apple did a fantastic job on it and deserve some serious credit. This thing is going to make everyone up the game or suffer financially......Oh and by the way I am sleeping with it tonight boom chika waa waa

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

How would you say the speed compares to the 13" MBP in your signature in general use?

3. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Please watch those serious relationships with electronics....could be dangerous!!

5. bolsen78 macrumors regular

This made me LOL!! I pronounce you husband and wife!! This is very good news!!

6. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It actually seems faster, and I don't know why. But everything just pops open and runs great.

7. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Thank you I hope you find her one day. My wife is snoring right now as I type on this totally quiet MBA.

side note: the screen lights up the keyboard in low light conditions.

8. bolsen78 macrumors regular

LOL mine will be a "HE"!! That should be good news for the people who want the BL. I am use to my MB lighting up my keyboard for me so I am not upset about the BL. Oh I use mine on low settings at night as well.

9. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

OH a WOOOman! do you have the MBA or are thinking about getting one?

10. bolsen78 macrumors regular

Im thinking about getting the base 11.6. I want to see one in person before I go with it. But the Apple Stores here do not have them and they do not know when they will be arriving. I am so anxious tho!! Like you MINE will more than likely be sleeping with me lol!!

11. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yeah it's pretty nice. Well thought out.

A very pleasant experience.

Only time will tell if I find this thing vertically challenged. But so far so good.

As far as having to scroll a bit more, having a really nice trackpad to do it, helps :D

12. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

It's obviously faster. And it's not just a little faster, it should be a lot faster. The SSD works wonders.

13. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

Wow, it's good to hear a first report that Steve Jobs was right about better battery testing. There should be a law to make that the standard, so that honest companies don't undersell b/c their battery lifetimes are less.

14. cleric macrumors 6502a

cleric

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So you're saying the 13" BTO is the trophy wife, the 4gb of ram being the implants obviously.

15. jagger27 macrumors member

It's called flash storage. The CPU doesn't do everything.

16. bolsen78 macrumors regular

HAHA I enjoyed this comment!!

17. Ann P macrumors 68020

Are you serious? Any picture? Please! This could be the deal-breaker for me.

18. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

OMG, if I said that here, well I wouldn't be allowed to post here anymore.

19. bolsen78 macrumors regular

Are you joking or being serious about that?

20. epictempo macrumors regular

Keyboard Picture

This is on 30% brightness
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

21. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I know and its awesome, I just wasn't in the mood to hear some Richard wad start talking about CPU speed. Everything just pops open. This Mac is DA bomb.

22. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Your going to love it.:eek:

23. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

[​IMG]

24. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Thanks it was a good night. Its nice getting skinny girl love for a change.:D