I'm in China w/ MBP, While my iPad 1 is in California. Any way to Obtain iPad Serial?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HappyDude20, Mar 31, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hi guys.

So, I'm currently in China for these next few months. My iPad 1 is back at home in California with my mom. Before I departed I left all the apps and films she wanted from my iTunes library.

My question is, it's been about one year since I purchased the iPad 1 and am considering purchasing the extended AppleCare warranty. I can easily purchase it on the Apple.com site but considering I don't have the iPad with me, I don't have the serial number or any sort of number to activate the AppleCare with. . .

Yes, I can call my mother and she can provide me with the information, though there is no promise she will get back to my the 3rd of April (when I got the iPad last year) . . and am simply asking if there is any way I can obtain the iPad information my MBP itself (the laptop i'm currently typing this on), considering this is the MBP that is sync'd with the iPad.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Apple has a "My Support Profile" page set up for this purpose, log in and all of your devices that you have ever registered will appear on the list (including Serial Number), as well as all of your Support Cases either from the Genius Bar or Apple Care.

www.supportprofile.apple.com

[​IMG]

3. Penooker macrumors member

Dude, it took me shorter to figure it out than it took to read your post:

This is from the Windows version, so you may have to adapt:

Edit -> Preferences -> Devices

Hover your mouse over the iPad backup and it will tell you the serial number.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Ah yes, thank you so much. Just discovered it.

5. bretmartin macrumors member

bretmartin