I'm in Dead-Pixel Ville... and my MBP is the Mayor!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phalewhale, Mar 9, 2009.

1. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Wow, if this was my machine I'd be really REALLY hacked off. Just setting up a new MBP for one of our users and there are 6 dead pixels. 5 around the centre of the install splash screen and one where the time/date will be.

I must admit I've returned a few MB/MBP's with this problem lately - I've even had them on my own machines! I know it's just the luck of the drawer sometimes but it makes me question Apple's or the panel supplier's QC.

2. macDonalds macrumors 6502

I just wanted to drop in and say how much I enjoyed your title.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You're over their acceptance limit, so you could swap it out for another if you'd like.

4. Colin20 macrumors regular

Hahaha I enjoyed it too

5. xodus macrumors newbie

I've heard that turning off your screen and "massaging" the area where the dead pixels are sometimes works, but don't hold me to that.

6. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

UPDATE: Whoa!!! 17 dead/stuck pixels in total...
    Thanks about the compliments!

The only thing is, these MBP's have glass in front of the screen and as far as I know, it doesn't come off as easy as the iMac glass...

7. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Stuck pixels can be massaged, but not dead pixels. Dead is dead.

I had 24 dead pixels develop on my lcd several months after purchasing my SR MBP June '07. They replaced it of course. Now I am on my fourth LCD. I had severe backlight leakage on one, then a bad inverter on another, then my 8600M GT died, and then they replaced the monitor again!!! for whatever reason.

This final monitor has a bright line across the top (not that bad to really worry about at this point) and two ultra bright spots that have developed and grown on the left side. (Not stuck pixels):mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

I would get those bright spots looked into - not good.

9. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Man I am so over it...plus I live in the Netherlands now and there is no Apple store.

Every week there are new threads on how ****** Apple LCD's are and I am obliged to chime in. Maybe Apple will care somday.:rolleyes: