iPhone i'm JB'd...when i upgrade to ios6 can i just the backup i have now?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aliensarecool, Aug 18, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It shouldn't cause problems but traces of the jailbreak will still be there. If you want to make sure that there are no traces whatsoever, a full restore would be your only option.

If you're not concerned about having some files left over then using a backup shouldn't cause problems.

3. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

all i really need to bring over is my contacts

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

It's still the same answer as post 2. unless your not worried about jailbreak traces or left over jailbreak on IOS 6

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

If all you need is your contacts then why don't you save them to iCloud or Contacts.app if you're using a Mac?

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

^This...I thought nowadays everything (mail, contacts, calendar, etc) was stored in the cloud? Much simpler, no?

7. Nekcik macrumors member

Nekcik

I'm pretty sure you could just delete all the jailbreak .plist files and not open any jailbreak tweaks then do a backup and you shouldn't have any traces. But I could be wrong just a guess.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Those are burried deep in the phone file structure and in the iTunes backup, it might be hundreds of files, not causing any harm and not taking up much space, just leave them be, they don'y do any harm.

The icloud contact backup is the way to go, just restore and setup as new and then restore your icloud contacts.