I'm just curious, to the people pissed about 399/499...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I hate to make another post but I am going to anyway because I just don't understand what the issue is. The majority of users can upgrade to a 16/32 for 399/499

The Iphone 3G will easily sell for anywhere between 300-500 dollars, I just sold mine for 350.00 on Craigslist.

So for 50 bucks and change I'm getting a new 3GS even though I said I wouldn't. I guess I'm just curious if I am missing something here, did most of you want to keep your 3G as well for an Ipod or something??

Sell your phone, it will practically pay for the new Iphone. What am I missing? Why the outrage at the 399/499 price points...

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm curious how you sold a 16 GB phone for $350 when they can go out and buy one with 8 GB for $99.

Did the guy tell you? Were those extra 8 GB really worth $251 for him?

3. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I think people who buy a phone away from AT&T or Apple are probably looking to avoid a contract obligation, or are planning on unlocking the phone.

Look on Ebay, Iphone 3G's are selling from 300-500.

I probably could have made an extra hundy on mine but I decided I'd rather deal with someone face to face, and not pay Ebay and Paypal fees.

Not to mention this guy gave me a deposit and is going to take the phone after I get my new 3GS, since I can't be without a phone until then.

If I should happen to drop and break the screen on my 3G before then, I will punch myself in the balls most likely.

j/k

4. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Because its contract free... the $99 is with a two year contract with AT&T. Before the announcement of the new iPhone they were going for $500ish on eBay... now you can still manage $400ish.

5. Scallywag macrumors regular

Think about it, hard...you'll figure it out

6. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

An iPhone 3G WITHOUT A CONTRACT is obviously worth that much to that guy. On eBay, some 3Gs are going for a lot more. $99 iPhone 3G is NOT contract free.