I'm leaving Sprint, regardless of the ETF, look at why...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Swagged, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Swagged, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

Swagged macrumors regular

Siri loves saying this to me
    [​IMG]

Watch this timeline...my phone stays on this circle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good thing I still have my AT&T account, just have to tweak it a bit for some data, and I'll be good...

I called Sprint and they gave me the same excuse they told me last month, "there's something going on in your area...it will be fixed by tomorrow...there's nothing we can do..."

Is there a way for me to get m ETF waived?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The funny thing about the first pic is you are on WiFi... :rolleyes:

Also, you seem to be in a location that has almost no 3G coverage. That's a fair reason to leave any carrier (and can very likely happen with any carrier depending on where you live).

3. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

i would go to verizon if i were you they have coverage everywhere where att and sprint do not i live in an area where sprint has nothing and att does btw att has better coverage then sprint but in your area it may not matter

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

...because posting a dozen pictures is much easier than simply saying, "I have no (or extremely slow) service where I live."

5. echo2011 macrumors regular

How long have you had the service? doesn't sprint offer a full refund poicly for 30 days if not satisfied? or have they changed that?

6. Swagged thread starter macrumors regular

I've had it since launch

----------

No?

7. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Actually seeing that you don't seem to have 3G in your area, you may be able to get out of your contract ETF free since they can't meet their end of the contract. Call them up and be polite and keep escalating to a manager. I've had a few friends get out of their contracts because of this.

Edit: Actually reading your post above and seeing that you've had the phone since launch and never did anything about it, you may not get out of it.

8. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Its 14 days. I miss the old 30 day return policy

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

The Siri not connecting had absolutely NOTHING to do with Sprint . . .

That was on wifi.

----------

You've had it since launch, and just now noticed your service sucked?

Seriously?

10. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Yeah 3G is non existent where you live so you should go to the store and talk to them even call retention about how you don't have 3G

Here is the number (877) 775-4886

I get good service better then I used to with Verizon , this is what I just got on 3G

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is not better then AT&T but is more reliable even tho AT&T almost got same result when I live and work

11. Swagged thread starter macrumors regular

Not even. I've known, and I've complained numerous times, they just keep saying its going to get better, it'll be fixed, yet it just keeps getting worse...

----------

I'll give them a call...

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I've read that it's 14 days now. I could be wrong...

----------

FWIW they are adding a ton of beef to their network here in the coming months. Not saying you should stick it out, but they being honest that they are working to make things better.

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

It's sad that that's considered good service :(

14. LbSigman macrumors member

Call and speak to retentions and make sure you go directly to them. Pass up the general CS reps. Tell them your frustration and start a paper trail now.

I was having some serious signal issues with T-Mobile for a 6 month period with numerous phone replacements and calls into tech support. I finally got fed up and unleased hell on T-Mobile and got to leave without paying the ETF a year into my 2 year contract. I've been very happy with Verizon.

If anything, here's a good idea to start with: http://consumerist.com/2007/05/how-to-launch-an-executive-email-carpet-bomb.html

I did it, and it worked like a charm. Emailed T-Mobile on a Friday evening, Monday morning it get a call from the CEO's assistant telling me I can leave and sorry for the frustration.

But keep in mind I had a long paper trail as well as a complaint to the FCC, BBB, FTC, and a stamped letter I sent to California and Washington's attorney general and to T-Mobile's corporate office. ;)

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I have Sprint. I agree. I've tested 3G and it is darn slow. But I'm going to stick with them, because I really don't use DATA. Calls are more important for me. And if I were to use Data, I'd just wait when I'm at a Wi-Fi zone.

16. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Airplane mode is on? Doesn't that turn off all your connections? Pretty sure that would explain why you can't connect to anything...

17. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I had sprint for 13 years and recently left, anyone who has just as good or better att service in their area is silly to stay cause its not that much cheaper on sprint with all their extra fees anymore anyhow. coverage is lackluster and data is super slow

18. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I am unclear as to why he has showed us the airplane mode... none of the other screens seem to show that airplane mode is on aside from that airplane mode toggle screen.

19. tizzl10 macrumors regular

tizzl10

the CEO's assistant? is that the ******** they tell you these days?

20. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Who cares what they say as long as they let you get out of the contract without an ETF? Guy can claim he is the President of the United States for all I care as long as I don't have to pay a dime.

21. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

no haha i wish they would let u out if u had no 3g i just left sprint even though they sold us androids that would work but they still wouldn't refund them

22. davidra macrumors 6502

23. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Anyone who doesn't pick the carrier based on coverage where needed is setting his/her self up for fail. Definitely place coverage at the top of your priorities and definitely testing things out during the initial period in case you need to cancel service. Don't rely on coverage maps, forum posts, etc.

24. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

Yup, I left Sprint for ATT over coverage last month.

25. BiggAW macrumors 68020

AT&T also has coverage in areas Verizon doesn't (even in crazy places like villages in Alaska and Snowshoe, WV), so you need to choose the carrier that will work where you will be.

Sprint is a generally bad choice for post-paid, since their coverage sucks compared to the big boys, and they aren't much cheaper. Good deal for pre-paid though if you can live with less coverage.

That all being said, Siri seems to have trouble connecting on AT&T, even when the phone has full 3G signal, and can pull 4mbps Speedtests. I think Siri just has issues.

Yes, definitely. Coverage and network reliability should rule over everything else.