I'm looking for a mouse that might not exist…

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by srobert, Dec 4, 2010.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hello

I'm looking for a combination of features in a mouse, but I haven't found one that have all of them yet. If anybody has heard of such a mouse, feel free to point me in the right direction.

• Full size mouse (Not a small notebook mouse. Big hands here)
    • Bluetooth wireless (No USB dongles. Don't want to give up a USB port)
    • AA Batteries (No charging station, I'd like to keep my desk surface clutter free)
    • Good quality (Solid build with some heft and decent reviews)
    • Physical buttons (I like the physical feedback. No magic mouse. It keeps registering false signals when I use it)
    • Simplicity (Not a gamer's mouse with dozens of button. 2+ scroll wheel is good enough for me)

I have already ruled out all Apple mouse. I find the touch surfaces too twitchy. Might be the way I'm holding it but I'm not in a mood to change my habits ^_^

Regards,
    srobert.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Logitech performance mx would be a good candidate except it is not Bluetooth.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why anyone would want a Bluetooth mouse that runs on AA batteries is beyond me. Horrible battery life.

4. peoplevoice macrumors member

Trackpad

I never liked mouse of any kind including Apple's until I experienced the "Trackpad" in a MacBook Pro I bought 1.5 years back. Since then I'm only using the trackpad. I use my computer as a regular user and video edition without any problem.

5. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

I guess it's a matter of taste. I always have fully charged batteries ready to be swapped. I don't mind having to swap the batteries 2-3 times a year if it means I don't have to give up a USB port or deal with a wire a getting in the way.

6. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

ahhh what you need is the old mighty mouse:) wireless bluetooth with plenty of wait and it had physical buttons with a scroll wheel although the scroll was slightly temperamental! not sure if you could find one anymore, came with my 2.4 c2d imac a few years ago if i remember rightly....

7. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Logitech makes a Bluetooth version of the MX. It's what I'm using right now, it's very good. I change batteries 2 to 3 times a year, nothing horrible about it. I never turn it off!

Here it is :
    [​IMG]
    Click the Image for it on Amazon

8. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

I have that mouse and hate the tracking on it. Serves as a nice paperweight however with dead batteries in it.

9. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Look for the logitech mx5500 set. Has a bluetooth mx mouse and a nice keyboard with features that work under OS X. Requires steermouse (20$) to work perfectly though.

Fits them all except for the charging, it has a built in battery and needs a charging dock.

10. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

call me crazy, but you should be looking for a USB hub, not a bluetooth mouse w/ terrible battery life. If it's any consolation, the mx performance has a tiny receiver.

11. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

What is with the Bluetooth hate? I have the Magic Mouse for my Mac Mini. The last time I swapped batteries was a little over 3 months ago...I use Duracell Rechargables