I'm looking for a vertical belt-clip holster that will hold the iphone 6+ with case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by G-Ziss, Nov 26, 2014.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 6+ with a Trentium 6L case and I'm looking for a vertical holster with belt-clip that will fit the phone with the case on it.

Could someone please recommend me something? I got one off Amazon that is supposed to fit the 6+ with Otterbox and I figured it would also fit the Trentium 6L but it's just a bit too small so the case won't close all the way.

2. SadChief macrumors regular

SadChief

You may have a wonderful case made of very high quality leather to choose from Piel Frama:

http://www.pielframa.com/iphone-6-plus-cases-color-lizard-1542-116.htm

There are several models and colours to choose from. I have the black Lizard Design model. It's absolutely *stunning* :cool: It's expensive but definitely worths every single cent. You won't regret it.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I think you missed the main part of the OP's request. None of the Pielframa cases are going to work for what the OP wants.

----------

This may or may not work. It's best to email them.

http://www.sfbags.com/collections/iphone-cases/products/iphone-spinn-case

4. petrosil macrumors newbie

Case123

I'm looking at getting the same thing-well may still change my mind and get the horizontal model but take a look at Case123:

http://case123.com/collections/iphone-6-plus-leather-belt-clip-holsters

They have a couple of different models that fit with cases, I have the leather Apple case and this was one of the few I found that will work for me.

Still haven't pulled the trigger but it looks like the best choice out there.

5. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

These cases are a little expensive. I don't need anything that is genuine leather. The cheaper the better.

I found a couple on Amazon, but they have mixed reviews (some people say that the loop/hook falls off after a short time, rendering the holster useless.

6. neile45 macrumors regular

I think I might try the 123 case, looks nice and should go well with my Apple leather case.

7. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

Colonel Littleton has a vertical leather case for $105.00 shipped domestically. Tan or black leather.

I bought one and feel it's not ready for prime time. It could use a redesign and I might pen a note to them.
    1.) The belt slot should be a belt loop so that a fat belt does not impose upon the opposite side of the leather where the phone is situated.
    2.) The closing method employs a metal ball stud that the leather flap pushed onto. While I don't mind that method because I am used to it with my UK-made Billingham camera bags and enjoy its quiet action, Billingham are largely fabric and finger nails don't dig into it. Colonel Littleton's case is all leather and fingernails dig into it.

I purposely stretched the case where the belt goes into and that's helped a bit. And to fix the fingernail digging, I'll replace my present solution of 2 inch worth of black gaffer's tape with genuine manta ray skin. I'll get the skin and have it glued right in the spot where it will take all the fingernail abuse with aplomb.

One of the reasons I'm making the case work for me is that it is kind to nice clothing. I had a less costly case from Amazon that had a steel belt clip with a rotation to it. While strong, it would eventually eat away at my jeans and make toast out of my dress pants. So back that went.