I'm no longer letting people see my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant131531, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ant131531 macrumors member

I still attend highschool and i am a senior and someone who is in my class ask if they can see my iPhone 3G S. It is only 4 days old. I have never dropped it and still looks brand new. I then go and sharpen my pencil. She has it between her legs trying to hide the phone while teh teacher came by. Apparent she was spooked and drop the phone. Now the back of my iPhone has small chips out of it...very small but kind of noticeable...i wanted at last one week of it lookin new....
    I think i am definately going to buy a case lol....and i will no longer let people i do not know use or see my iPhone as i am not trying to pay a 199 replacement fee in the first few months...

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

At least she didn't keep it between her legs permanently, or not. What school starts this early.

3. iGary Guest

iGary

4. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

At least your phone is getting some...

This was like 10 threads below the top.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=760022

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why just a week? I have had mine for over two years and a month. It looks like the day out of the box.

6. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

We get out at the end of may lol and go back early in august lol..yeah it sucks..

Umm...to call incase of emergencies, txting...what kid does not bring thier cellphone to school.....i have a life after school also so i need my cellphone by then.

First thing, Why are you guys thinking immaturely about this..when i mean between your legs, i mean between her cabs..if it were between her legs like that, the phone would not have dropped...

EDIT: Yeah...the orginal iphone is metal...can stand drops...this is plastic...chips in 2 seconds....I dont like cases nor do i have a case for it.

7. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

That sucks bro... Maybe you should invest in a case?

I normally don't have a problem with letting people play with mine.. before I had one, people let me mess around with theirs, so I'm kinda paying it forward;)

Edit: Oh, I see you don't like cases..

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

So keep it in your locker, as many schools instruct you to do.

Slight hypocrisy on my part, though. I took my (not a phone) iPhone to school every day that I had it, but on the other hand, it has no damage whatsoever, so I can talk. I also never used it in class. You don't get valedictorianship for free. Well, I did, but only because I was being taught nothing new.

9. jacobgaul macrumors regular

you could probli manage to get it replaced for a new one just make up a problem tell them it overheats or whatever

10. iGary Guest

iGary

You don't need a cell phone to learn, which is what you're supposed to be doing.

11. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

F that, I'm a junior in college, but when I was in highschool if I didn't have my phone in class I would die, along with everyother student. EVERYONE had their phone on them constantly texting. My school eventually got a rule where the phone had to be out on ones desk and off so everyone just invested in a cheap phone put it on their desk and continued to use their real one.

12. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

The chips are very small.......if ur 3 feet away, you cant see them..it doesnt need replacement..it is my fault but now i know not to let anyone see my phone anymore unless they are friends..People are so selfish and abuse your things when they know it's an expensive phone with an expensive plan.

13. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

If she took it with out asking i would say its up to her to fix it.

14. strike1555 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

15. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

Don't tell me what to do in school. Tell that to my 3.8 GPA....like i said, i need the phone to call home and friends after school....i don't go straight home...and i keep it because people do go into lockers and steal it and i have seen it. When i have free time, i will go on my phone and check messages...If someone wanted to see it they can only when there is free time.

16. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Magical.

These two responses, ladies and gentlemen, are examples of why my generation are a bunch of clueless, mindless...

Not allowed to say it here. I hate my generation.:mad::(

17. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Becuase I'm the only one with an iPhone that has access to apps, we used my iPhone to do education stuff, e.g writing applications, touch-screen calculator etc.

18. iGary Guest

iGary

Who told you what to do in school?

Cell phones are a distraction, bottom line, and you shouldn't be able to bring them to school.

19. mikey28 macrumors 6502

Well, I have to agree that you shouldn't have had the phone out in class in the first place...

But you have learned a valuable lesson; NO ONE treats your stuff as good as you do. Now YOU have to live with the chip. She, on the other hand is not giving it any more thought.

Keep your valuables to yourself. If someone needs to borrow/ make a call-- let them use someone elses!!!

20. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Know what schools need? Those local-area cell jammers.

21. strike1555 macrumors 6502

Apparently, the point went right over your head.

So when a true emergency arises, nobody is able to call 911.

That is hands down, the stupidest statement I have ever seen.
    I didn't know people could be THAT stupid. Just wow.

22. neil1980 macrumors 6502

Look on the bright side... at least its been between a girls legs :p

23. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

That sucks dude....

Wait, uh, you say it was between her legs? :D:p

The only other thing that irks the heck out of me is when someone is leaning over my shoulder looking at my computer and they TOUCH the screen trying to point something out. That boils me!!! :mad:

24. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Landline phones still exist, and generally a school has one or two of them.

Please remove the sentences from your post that I did not quote.

25. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

My school has cell jammers tbh lol.....I get no service or rarely 1 bar of connection around the general area of my school...and everywhere else is 5 bars 3G..they use it to play games and your cellphone only works at the front of the school...i will get a txt if it actually gets the signal...but i wont see it till free time, in between classes, or after school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.