I'm not buying the new iphone if there isn't a glowing apple logo.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amacfa, May 22, 2009.

1. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

All the specs are great, really they are, but I won't be buying this phone unless it has a glowing white apple logo.

Anyone else with me?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Why don't you wait until it also ships in your favorite fruity color?

Edit: cleanup on aisle 9, somebody spilled the fruit loops again.

3. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

wow. that's the last thing i'm worried about -_- most people will stick it in a case anyways and you wont even be able to tell.. hahaha

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I am only buying one if every 30 seconds it says, look at me I have an iPhone.

I know the above is a long shot but the glowing halo is a must

5. Perk macrumors member

Huh?
    I don't get it. A whole thread for that?

6. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

[edited post for flaming moronic newbie comments]

Unless this is sarcasm, then you need to learn how to make it more obvious ( possible with italics or other forms )

7. M2M macrumors 6502

M2M

I like the idea. I mean i wouldn't go so far as not buying it if its not in - but nice idea.

Will not happen though, cause of the impact to battery life. I can see a nice mod though.

8. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

Glowing Logo....

I'm with the OP.

I want to see a glowing logo along with a soft rubber finish in the back.

As long as the changes are subtle enough for me to see a difference then I will definitely be upgrading!!

If the next model of phone looked just the same as 3G why would anybody bother to upgrade. Granted it may respond slightly quicker and have a larger storage area - but I don't use all my current 16Gb anyway, and the response time is quick enough (most of the time).

I have upgraded to 3.0 software - and its fantastic. Everybody with the 3G iPhone will be eligible for a free update to 3.0 anyway.

oh yes... Surely the logo will only glow when you are in a call?? The battery life couldn't take anything else could it?

9. Amacfa thread starter macrumors 65816

Amacfa

I am serious about this.

Assuming they do it though, it would just use the backlight of the screen to light the apple logo, just like their laptops, so that's why it doesn't affect battery life.

10. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

I'm with ya! I'm not buying it unless it drops deuces of gold!

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

The only possible way I see them adding a glowing logo is if it serves as a flash for the camera. Either way, I don't particularly care.

12. M2M macrumors 6502

M2M

The main difference is that the back of the screen in the laptops doesnt contain all the electronics - like ram processor harddisk, etc (its below the keyboard i am typing now) while all the electronics in the iphone (ram, cpu, antenna, flash memory) is below the screen of the iPhone. For the glowing apple logo you'd need to solder in an additional LED below the back. (any other way is currently not possible cause the iphones inside is pretty much stuffed already)

13. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i dont see the point of having the back light. probably for looks and thats it. and i dont think you can use the light from the screen. the internals of the iphone is loaded with hardware. how can you get the light to come out? hmmmm???

14. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Maybe an LED or an LCD light would suffice for the glow?

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

What if they use the apple logo to incorporate flash for the camera? Will you still refuse to buy it?

16. Doju macrumors 68000

Why would anyone upgrade? Are you serious?

Err, because there's more to a phone than what it looks like? :rolleyes:

17. stutzedward macrumors newbie

I'll be buying the new next-gen iPhone be it with lit-up logo or not but it'll be a bonus for me as I ain't using any skin now for my current 3G. Waiting to get one for my wife.

18. mrpoovey macrumors newbie

Battery life really wouldn't be a problem if they just put a tramsarent apple logo and it only glowed while the screen was active.

19. retroneo macrumors 6502a

There are layers of stuff in between the apple logo and the screen, so this isn't an option.

20. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

I'm not buying the next one unless it makes me breakfast

21. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I would seriously advise against holding your breath for this. You could end up looking like this: :(

There is too much stuff stuffed in there. I think they have more important goals than trying to fit a small LCD or something in there. I would rather a little bit bigger chip in there for 64GB!

22. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I'm not buying one unless the back of the case is woven out of Steve Jobs' hair.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Good luck trying to get his hair.