I'm not eligible for a 3g upgrade but my family member is. What can I do to?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pointbreakd, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Pointbreakd macrumors regular

I'm not eligible for an upgrade on at&t but my mom is. Is there a way to use her upgrade without switching #s?

If she buys the 3g iphone and activates it can we then swap sim cards? IE she takes my old phone and I take the iphone 3g with my sim card in it?

Thanks..

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

call AT&T and tell them to switch it around...if not threaten to cancel

and they will fix it

3. Pointbreakd thread starter macrumors regular

You think? I'll try...

4. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

lol jus upgrade their line to get the discount on the new iphone when u go into the store, then get them to make sure they switch sim cards back, who ever the persons line is that you're upgrading will probably need a new sim also to complete the process because the new iphone will deactivate their current sim then they have to fix it after.. jus try to have them there w/ u

5. Pointbreakd thread starter macrumors regular

Yah I thought about that but won't they still have to pay the monthly 3g fee...they don't have a data plan/dont want one.

6. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

well, hopefully, once they put the IMEI onto your number it will just require the data plan on yours, and automatically take the data off theirs plan once the IMEI is removed..

7. ec51 macrumors 6502

Why would they have to pay a "monthly 3G fee"? And ....what exactly is a 3G Fee? There is no such thing...if your are talking about the data, then once the SIMs are switched and the iPhone is no longer on that line you can remove the data.

8. Pointbreakd thread starter macrumors regular

I do mean the data plan. But doesnt the 2 year contract include a data plan?

IE won't my mom be tied into a 2 year data plan?

9. ec51 macrumors 6502

I mean, what if you return the iPhone? You will still be in your 2-year contract if you elect for something else, but you wont be forced to pay data for an iPhone you dont have.

IE, the data cannot be attached the contract if there no longer is an iPhone on the line.