I'm not Excited But Ordered the iPhone 5 Anyways Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radio, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Radio macrumors 68000

Okay - who is in this club ?! Lol

I only upgraded because my iPhone 4 resell will pay for the upgrade and I'm not ready to go to android quite yet.

That said I could care less about the iPhone 5 coming in Friday but it's a wash so why not.

Who else is in this camp?

2. Tminusg macrumors member

The Official I scratched my balls while ordering the iphone 5, who else did? Insert poll here

3. Radio thread starter macrumors 68000

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

5. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

lmao!

6. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

ROFL

In all honesty though its gonna work like this for me

Open box
    Switch on
    Diddle about
    Play with headphones and camera

Excitement over :(

Although I hope not

7. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I certainly in this club. I mainly ordered for two reasons.

#1. It'll likely be the last time I can ever get a subsidized phone.
    #2. I'm out of space, good time to move to 32GB

If my area had LTE I would be genuinely excited but I don't. I am excited to see improved speed but that's certainly not enough to get me to upgrade. Bigger screen is certainly nice but again, it's not a massive difference. By far the biggest draw is LTE but that's not benefiting me personally so it certainly dampens the mood. I was so wishy washy I didn't place my order until Saturday.

8. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

then return?

9. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

Naaaaaaa :D

10. mono1980 macrumors 6502

Maybe people just need to stop being excited about a phone. The iPhone has been invented and is amazing. Remember that. Six years ago we could only dream of a phone with these capabilities. But now that it's here, you're not going to be excited about it every time it gets updated. Find something else to get excited about.

11. cbutters macrumors member

"not excited" enough to make a thread about it... :rolleyes:

12. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

You obviously care though if you are making a thread about it.

13. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

For me it was just time. I am on the "non-S" cycle. Had the 3g, then the 4, so now time to move to 5. Will skip next year.

If I were on the "S" cycle I wouldn't be fretting about not getting the 5.

14. cperchard macrumors 6502a

the REAL people who don't care are the people that don't even bother coming on this site, let alone starting a thread about it :D

15. enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

I'm really not that excited, but coming to macrumors is helping.

I live in the eastern time zone. The iPhone 5 went on sale at 3am. I went to bed with no intention on ordering one. But I was awoken by my twin 2.5 year old daughters crying in the middle of the night. My wife got up to take care of them and I looked at the clock and it was 2:58 am. I thought, what the hell... Couple minutes later, I had one ordered. Not very excited about it. The decision to change the charge port is gonna be a real pain for me as I have many accessories that wont be compatible any more. Gonna have to purchase and put up with a lot of adapters. Some things will not work even with an adapter. But I guess I'll have to change sometime. Also, now I'm gonna have to have multiple charges for my iPad and wife's iPhone, iPods, etc. I'll try it out and then decided whether I want to keep my 4s or the 5. Ill either give the one i dont keep to a friend or eBay it.

I am looking forward to a bigger keyboard for texting and typing. I hope that is the case.

16. Horbags macrumors newbie

Im probably lucky in a way that the iphone 5 will be the first iphone ive ever used so theres really no hype or excitement for me. Previously had android, in fact the iPad 3 was the first apple product ive ever bought. Im no loyalist and im no apple convert, i just want a more reliable phone than ive gotten from Samsung so far so i thought id give apple a go.

Although since ordering it last night i kinda hope it shows up on friday...

17. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I'll be 100% real... I couldn't care less for any of the new features on the iPhone 5 (ok, maybe the new maps with voice navigation). Yeah, they're cool and all, but not enough to excite me like previous generations of the iPhone. I do, however, like the new black model with the darker antenna. I think that looks very sleek and that's probably 70% of the reason I upgraded. That, and I can't stomach the thought of my friends having new, shiny iPhones and not me. It's horrible, I know. Just being honest...

18. gnr319 macrumors member

I was really ambivalent about this upgrade so I didn't even preorder. I'm debating whether to pick one up Friday morning as I have no work or wait until October 21st for the Galaxy note 2. I found having both an iPad and iPhone redundant so maybe the note would be a good compromise.

Having been with the iOS ecosystem all these years, I think I want something different. At the same time, I'll be losing all my apps and learning Android would take some time.

19. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

The 4s will have maps with voice directions too. This feature is not specific to the iP5.

20. Allegrotechie macrumors member

Allegrotechie

Last time ever? Why?

21. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Because I want to keep my unlimited data. I'm with Verizon and if I upgrade with subsidy I'll lose that and have to move to a shared plan, certainly not something I want to do with LTE coming. I got this upgrade by using my stepsons dumb phone line. I won't have one available after this year and am afraid they will cut out that loophole before next year otherwise I would wait for the 5S.