I'm not sure what to think of this..

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DMauler, Sep 15, 2011.

1. DMauler macrumors newbie

Hi guys! I'm a new mac user and i just joined this forum :D

Something interesting happened today to my 3-week old MBA (mid-2011 model), my aunt decided that she wanted to have a chat with me and sat by my bedside..without knowing that the left half of my MBA was under her big big butt. O.O

Thank the heavens that the system was inside the Hard Candy bubble sleeve..i took it out and did an aesthetic and boot up check..nothing wrong. Still im a little freaked out by that accident and I just want to know if its "everythings perfectly fine" ><

Just a little crazy question to everyone: Has anyone ever had anyone or yourself accidentally sit on your MBA? How strong is the build against such force? Did anything happen to it?

Oh and one more question: Has anyone experienced any sort of loose hinge problem with the new black hinge design? I hope they dont carry that forward from the previous two generation's designs

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

As long your MBA is not bent, dent, and have broken LCD you are fine. No to the loose hinge like on the first gen MBA! I have the 2010 11" and the first release MBA 13" and I can see big different.

3. z3r0inc macrumors regular

I am a little worried about this also. I notice that if I put a little bit a pressure in the middle of the edge below the trackpad (where the dragon fangs are), the whole frame bends. Its not really a big deal but still makes me worry a bit.

4. minnus macrumors 6502

You might want to check out your backlighting.

5. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Pictures of your aunts big but or it didn't happen :). The MBA is a bit more rugged tan it looks but I wouldn't make a habit of letting people sit on it.