iPad I'm not sure wich air 2 color to buy! Share some pics!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MarcoCapa, Dec 9, 2014.

1. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

I'm very very undecided between the air 2 colors!
    I have an air in space grey and I want to upgrade...
    Currently my combination is with a green smart cover, but i like very much the red one....
    so my question is to find some good pics from you owners of the air 2 in gold (cellular version maybe) with various combination of smart cover and pics from you owners of the air 2 in space grey with various combination of smart cover so i can have a better idea!
    Many thanks
    This time I'm unsure about gold... I like the novelty, but I'm worried about being tacky

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I'm not sure wich air 2 color to buy! Share some pics!

I love my gold iPad Air 2 but taking pics won't do it justice imo. I prefer the white fronts over the black ones so I prefer the silver and gold iPads

I'll add some pics later though with my iPad Air 2 cellular and red smart case

3. urda Suspended

urda

Honestly you should go look at them for yourself (if you can).

I'm with Closingracer, pictures won't do it full justice. But I can tell you why I went with my color choice.

I like the silver, but it had a white face on it. I prefer to have screens that I look at to have a black border, just improves contrast and viewing IMO. I am not a fan of any of the gold products, so that left me with Space Gray.

The gray metal is a classic color, with a nice combination of the black face plate. It really makes for a great looking device.

4. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

If you go to the Apple website and look under Store, Shop Accessories, Cases and Films and then iPad Air Smart Cover, you can get an idea of how the different colors look on the devices. It helped me decide on a color for my iPad Air 2 case.

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

That's exactly what I did too. Fast, convenient, and you can look at every single color combination possible. You'll have an answer to your question in less than 5 minutes.

Bryan

6. akil316 macrumors member

Here is a pic of my gold air 2 with my wooden smart cover.

Attached Files:

7. MarcoCapa thread starter macrumors regular

Very good case the wood one!
    I finally decided for the gold one! Many thanks to every one!
    I will post some pics when. Arrives!!!!!

8. strategicthinke macrumors regular

strategicthinke

I cannot stress enough...

I cannot stress enough how beautiful the gold iPad Air 2 is... It is really wonderful, and I LOVE how classy it looks with the white smart cover. Take a look at it.

Attached Files:

9. strategicthinke macrumors regular

strategicthinke

Here is another pic with the White Smart Cover.

Attached Files:

10. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

I have the gold air 2 with olive brown smart case.... looks really nice

11. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

I have the gold, as well. It's an interesting color. Under sunlight it's quite beautiful, but under natural lighting (yellow hues) I have difficulty discerning whether it's gold or silver. If I had a silver version right nearby it'd probably be more apparent.

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Wow, that looks great! Very, very nice choice!

Bryan

13. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

I like the gold color on my Air 2. I think it looks much better in person than what it looks like in the pictures on Apple's website.

same here.

14. strategicthinke macrumors regular

strategicthinke

Using gold iPad at work

I use my iPad at work. Thus, you can imagine that, despite how beautiful the golden iPad Air 2 is, I considered that I needed to be "low profile" in the buying choice. The fact is, the light conditions completely change the hue/color of the iPad. In an office environment it can be quite HARD to distinguish the gold one from the silver iPads everybody uses. It is very subtle, but it keeps a charm of its own. In certain angles it is absolutely classy and "yellowish", in other perspectives, it can be quite bland and down-to-earth. I love it! I would not use 'bling-y' rainbow iPad for business purposes.

I just love it :)

15. klover macrumors 6502a

I wish they'd make a gold iPad with black bezels.

16. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

If you are getting the cellular version, I would get it in space gray. I really don't like the white plastic rf window at the top of the silver and gold versions.

I really wish they would bring back the original iPad color scheme - silver case, black rf window and black bezel. Space grey looks pretty good, but it will show scratches more than the silver color.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Since I like the black front, I would get space gray.

18. ILowry82 macrumors regular

Where did you get the wood Smart Cover?

19. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i have a silver and i hate the white face. i wanted a SG air 2, but best buy was sold out on black friday. i also have a carbon fiber style cover so it makes it more whack, but whatever.