Im ordering TODAY (MBP 17, Mid-2009, Anti-glare) please review spec. I appreciate!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macmania82, Jul 12, 2009.

1. macmania82 macrumors regular

After years and years, finally I'm so close to have a dream macbook pro :D I saved money for years, and I really dont want to go for something problematic. You can see the spec below, any problematic part here?

you know the prev. mbp has graphic card problems, anything like that for the spec below?

Thanks a lot friends! I appreciate!!!!

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.80GHz - 6MB Level 2 cache
    * Memory: 4GB DDR3
    * Hard Drive: 500GB (5400 RPM)
    * Matrix: 17 "1920x1200 widescreen display (AntiGlare)
    * Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB GeForce 9400M +
    * Optical Drive: 8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD ± R DL / DVD ± RW / CD-RW)
    * The WiFi: AirPort Extreme (802.11 a / b / g / n),
    * Ports: Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    * Ports: 3xUSB, SD card reader, FireWire 800
    * Camera: Built-in iSight camera,
    * Mini DisplayPort that supports DVI, dual-DVI, and VGA video
    * The battery life: Up to 8 hours (work with WiFi)
    * Keyboard with backlight
    * Included software: Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard iLife'09 +

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Shouldn't any problems, at least I haven't heard. There can always be "lemons" but if you get AppleCare, you'll be safe. That's a great Mac

3. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

yes thats my dream mbp :) im happy with spec.

I have no money left for AppleCare for now. i think it is ok if I buy it before the end of 1st year?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, you can buy it whenever you want during the first year.

5. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

deep silence about my post. I hope it just means that there is actually no problem about mid-2009 macbook pro 17'' parts. is it really so?

6. kmac88 macrumors member

looks' good to me.
    I ordered a 15inch 3.06ghz 4gb ram 500gb 5400rpm. I originally was going to order the 7200rpm hdd, but read numerous articles on ppl having issues on the hdd. Beeping noises and stuff.

Hope you enjoy your mac as much as i will. getting mine in few days :D

7. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

@kmac88 cong. about your mbp :)

yeah, I think there is no defected part at this series of macbook pro. I hope so! I'm ordering today :D wowow, I cant believe it really happens :D :D I'm going to have a mbp finally! Hopefully I will receive it on Friday! how to wait!!!!! :eek:

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Shouldn't be defective components. It was the 8600M GT from earlier MBPs which was defective

9. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, thats like that so far I know. it was for prev. generation macbook pro. but I read at some forums about over-heating problem for the latest macbook pro 17. maybe just rumors. have you heard anything like that?

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

No, I haven't. Every product from every manufacturer has some problems, that's fact, there's no "perfect product". Aluminum heats up very fast so the the bottom of your MBP can feel very hot but it isn't from inside. Download iStat Pro and SmcFanControl, both are free. Tell us the temperatures from iStat and run SmcFanControl if you find them too hot

11. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

you know; mac users are pretty nervous for every single simple problem. actually heating is normal for many laptop unless too hot :) but it is just not acceptable for a laptop that you paid around $3000 :), even it is at normal heating levels :) thats the thing that makes mac-users worry more than any other brand users, i think :D

i think I should not worry so much. as you said "there's no "perfect product"" :) ps, THANKS FOR app links :) i will use them ...

12. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

You should cancel your order and buy a Dell.

.. JOKE! DON'T KILL ME! xD

First time Mac owner? You're gonna love it, I'm pretty jealous of your forthcoming machine! :D Congratulations.

13. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

No problem, mate. Congratulations of your purchase.

You know why PC users aren't nervous? Because they already know that there is going to be problems with Windows :apple: That wasn't good one but anyway. Enjoy your Mac!

14. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

I dont kill you about DELL :D I love DELL!! more than 2 years I used DELL XPS M170 17inch ;) I was SOO HAPPY! but graphic card is dead since few months ago :( actually thats the reason why I buy macbook pro. there is only MBP to upgrade from DELL ;)

first time MAc owner!! so excited!!! friday i will be touching a real macbook pro!! :D :D :D :D like dream!

15. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

HEYoOOoOOOOO!!! I can not believe that it's really happening!!

I just ordered my sexy macbook pro with guarantee delivery for FRIDAY!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I dont remember when I was so excited in my life last time :D :D I just can not stand in one place!!! :D

16. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Hehe, congratz on your purchase! You'll love the MacBook Pro.

The aesthetics, the build quality, the gorgeous display, the ease of use and simplicity of OSX...You'll never even want to look at your Dell again :p

17. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

for sure I will never look at back :D :D

the best thing is it will be great for my business as well, creativity and motivation for my design works ;)

3 days left! :D

18. GreyMatta macrumors regular

I'm getting the same 17" macBook pro in a few weeks time, I cant wait either

let us know what you think of it :D

19. 1ne macrumors regular

Congrats. I still clearly remember the feeling of see the machine... Just awesome!!!:D

20. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

wow, Im so happy for you :D I was waiting for this moment years and years!! :D and now I'm so close, only days left. but these last few days are like longer than years :D:D:D haha! Friday is my day :D

I will definitely will let you guys know about my first days experience with my love mbp :D

21. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks thanks thaaaanks :D

for sure, it is going to be a unique moment of life which I will never forget the way I feel!! :D

22. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I opted for the same as you except i like glossy. You might want to run a cpu check and see if you have the processor that is p or t i forgot the numbers but the t is previous generation and gives more heat and less battery life. i have the t and my processor gets 185 Fahrenheit

23. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I have an old dell and i find it hard to look at too. its like your standards for quality change after using this particular mac. i love mine but wish it didnt get as hot

24. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

2.8GHz is T9600 and 3.06GHz is T9900

25. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

it is mid-2009 model. the latest version. i dont know if it make sense about your point. but i will check as soon as I get it :D