I'm out; please keep me honest guys

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by oneMadRssn, Oct 18, 2016.

1. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

This campaign and the discussions surrounding them are getting too stressful. I need a break from PRSI. I'm out until after the election.

I needed to post this publicly so that (I hope) you guys can keep me honest. If you see me viewing this forum, call me an a*****. If you see me post in this forum after this, call me on it and say I'm a filthy liar.

See you guys on the other side of November 8th.

A few thoughts:
    • After this is over, I hope the GOP leaders get together as soon as possible and all agree on a plan to rid their party of this cancer once and for all. If they do not, if they remain cowards, Trump will continue to cause them trouble for the next decade.
    • If you hate Hillary and believe she is an awful candidate, you should hate Trump more for hijacking the GOP primaries and thus depriving the presidential election cycle of someone from the GOP capable of property vetting Clinton, challenging her stances, and critiquing her policies. He took that from all US voters, and we are all worse off for it.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The GOP is a fragmented mess right now. The only thing that has been holding them together was their vengefulness towards a black president. Can't wait to witness the GOP implosion come 2017. :D

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

All the candidates this election were bad; I doubt Bush, Kasich, or Rubio would have been better presidential candidates.

But never mind that, it was good having you here. You did offer great insightful arguments, so thank you for them.

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

still love you, forever yours.......Midge

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Despite all the other elected GOP folks who just happen to be black... how did they manage to do what Obama hadn't in order to buy influence or whatever it takes to make the racists feel better in their shallow conclusions?

8. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

It's impossible to dislike someone more than the Clintons. They are the worst kind.

And you are leaving because you got stressed out arguing with strangers on the internet? I think you need to chill and not worry about who becomes the president. Your life will not change much, if any.

Have a drink, listen to some music and you'll feel better. :D

9. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

List of African American Republicans in Congress

Sen Tim Scott (South Carolina)

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Democrats and (some in PRSI) call him an Uncle Tom.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I am almost ready to bail as well. It's hard finding a different way to say what I feel like saying without setting an example of discourse I have said I dislike. Or setting that aside: without getting banned.

But I want to be here for Election Eve. And then I fall for telling myself I want to be here to discuss the last debate or the whatever whatever. I remind myself of when I wanted to give up peanut butter and crackers but kept coming up with reasons to delay the effort. I'm the kind always goes cold turkey by just running out of time or material. ;)

Guess I'm like Gillian Welch's persona in Look at Miss Ohio, "Yeah I wanna do right but not right now."

Anway @oneMadRssn, thanks for your contributions to the season.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Sorry to see you go, I loved our conversations but I understand why you need a break.
    I can't wait for this electoral season to be over, even at a local level.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Where did you see him say that? Cause I don't see it anywhere. ****, I haven't seen anyone say that. And certainly I don't say it.

The point is not that Hillary is just so good, but that Trump is so HORRIBLE. He has consistently shown a lack of intelligence, diplomacy, and even just basic human decency. In other words the things you actually need to be president.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I hate the local level even worse. All those campaign signs all over fences, all over grassy areas cluttering up everything and making our city look ugly. Not to mention all the junk mailers stuffing the mailbox. Hate hate hate it.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

You have no idea how violent is the political scene in my area right now due to a proposition. It's bad, and people are unable to converse like human beings. In comparison prsi is a nest of baby doves

16. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

The same can be said of Hillary, which is why cheering for either camp is ridiculous. They are both terrible people and both unworthy of the Presidency. This is a sad election.

17. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Oh I agree that they are both unworthy. But the degree to which is not the same. Trump lacks any sense of maturity. My guess is that his daddy always gave him what he wanted, and he never grew out of that mentality.

18. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Trump is a baboon. Every time he speaks, I cringe. And good grief all those stifled, nasally inhales throughout the first half of the last debate.

19. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

As long as Trump is bad'er, Hillary's choices/ decisions are immutably ok.

There is literally nothing she can do that can't be justified with at-least-she's-not-Donald-Trump.

20. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

People are foolish if they think the GOP is going back to the way it was. Win or lose, Trump's changed the party.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 18, 2016 ---
    Yep, it's a personality contest. Good thing voters aren't voting on the issues :).
    --- Post Merged, Oct 18, 2016 ---
    You can't leave. If Hillary wins you need to be here to taunt and make fun of us Trump supporters :).

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Nah, I'll be too comatose from that quadrennial election night pizza! :D

22. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You do realize that same logic can be applied to the never-Hillary people?

I would love some better ******* candidates, but this is the lot we're stuck with.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We had something like that in 2014 at township and county levels when pipeline issues around here were heating up. It got pretty ugly across three and four party lines as well as across some living rooms and kitchen tables. I now regard this season as worse than that only because the memory of that one is two years old. So I feel for you.