Im really getting sick of the iphone right now, about to cancel Contract altogether.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhixionFilms, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

Dont get me wrong, if i can keep an iphone for over 1 month, it would be a great phone. The problem i am having is that just about every 1-2 months i have to replace my iphone 3g because of mechanical problems. In the past year i have replaced my phone 6 times going onto my seventh tomorrow.
    This time its my battery. It was fully charged this morning and by this after noon, maybe 3 hours later i pulled it out of my pocket and it was dead. Keep in mind i havnt used it all day either. This also happened yesterday but didnt really notice it.

What really sucks is that i have to drive 60 miles each way to get to the closest apple store and gas and time is killing me. Not to mention i need my phone to work so i cant send it in.

What should i do? Im sick of getting these crappy white box iphones that keep breaking. Should i tell them i want a NEW one with a NEW box unopened? I think if i put the gas and time together for all the times i have drove down there, id buy a new 3g.

What would you guys do? Has this happened to anyone else?

2. cupofjoe macrumors regular

Never had a problem with mine.... you must be using it wrong.

I have no sympathy for people that complain about a 'faulty' product, when in most cases, it is indeed the user's fault. If indeed every single iPhone you've had has been faulty (with reasonable cause), I suggest either finding a new different phone for you, or buying a new one somehow.

There are people that have had problems with their phone (and most notibly people NOT realizing they had Push on on multiple apps or fetching mail every 15 minutes, or were logged into apps like Beejive receiving notifications every 5 seconds). That is not a phone problem. I dont know if this is the case with you, but perhaps you should try turning off all things on the phone that would autorefresh.

I've had 'white box' phones for other reasons (with my 2G - bubble pixels, volume key getting stuck, etc), but every single phone I've had has not had an issue with the battery, so I have no idea what to tell you.

6 is way too much. Find a different phone, or suck up and buy a new one off eBay. Sorry.

3. PhixionFilms thread starter macrumors 6502

What the **** are you talking about buddy? How the **** would you know how im using my phone? Ive had this phone for under a month and the battery is dieing WITH NOTHING ON IN THE BACKGROUND in under 3 hours.
    Its not like the white box iphones have a GREAT reputation for build quality.

How is it my fault the phone battery goes completely dead? How is it my fault that the screen turned completely yellow? How is it my fault that my iphone wont charge correctly, how is it my fault that the iphone couldnt connect to wifi or a celular network?? Yes I wish you were in my situation.

Maybe you should get on some other forums because im sick of little bitches like you. You could have saved your bitchy help and saved your self from looking like a dick.

Oh let me add i had my FIRST iphone for well over 6 months until it broke, then after that the refurbished models will keep having machanical problems.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't know what to tell you, because if the iPhones had that bad quality control, I'd imagine they wouldn't be selling as much as they are. I've never had any problems with mine. As far as refurbs go, they're usually better than the iPhone you'd get new, since they've got extra attention instead of coming right off an assembly like (from what I've heard). Anyway, you didn't go into details about what was wrong with the other 5. Also, sometimes the battery just needs calibration. Of course, you didn't say what your settings are for your current iPhone, so that could also be affecting the battery. Oh, and if your iPhone is always having to search for a connection due to you living around a bad rececption area, that could also affect your battery. There are a lot of variables.

5. Doju macrumors 68000

Never had anything go wrong with mine. Be responsible and use it correctly.

And before you throw an immature fit: don't swear at me. Grow up.

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C97d Safari/528.16)

I went through eight 3G's, only a couple of which were replaced for arguably 'frivolous' reasons. I hope you have better luck with the next one!

7. PhixionFilms thread starter macrumors 6502

Just pissed off lately about the forum, i could have predicted what the first post was going to be, someone telling me how to use the phone. and that im an idiot for having so many broken phones. This doesnt help me at all. I remember when the forums use to be full of helpful people.

Thanks to the other posters, I think it may be the apple store im going to. I may have to try another.

8. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Did you ever consider that a third party app got stuck in the background and drained the battery?

From a statistical perspective alone, the odds of having 6 defective iPhones in a row is probably astronomically small (and when I say hardware problems, I mean real problems, not "there is dust under my screen waaaaa!" problems). I'm not saying it's not possible, though...

In either case you should just get used to the fact that modern products suck. They are all poorly made, without due care and attention, and basically designed not to last for any significant length of time. It's just a fact of life, I'm afraid, and not even Apple is immune to the trend.

Oh and just a side note, refurbished iPhones are typically better than out of the box phones, because (and I might be wrong on this, so if I am forgive me) they're actually looked at by real people (i.e. Americans), as opposed to the rest of the pile that are built in China in massive production lines.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hey, you did come off a little strong, don't you think? :)

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Dude, seriously?

Really?

You don't just talk to someone like that when not knowing anything about them, their backround, and their habits with the phone.

Remember, when you assume, it makes you an ass.

11. cparktd macrumors member

Sorry to hear it. I've had no complaints in almost a year with mine.

It would be VERY interesting to know what all happened to the other ones.

What would I do????
    Document the problems with each and the dates than call Apple and beg for relief... they might ship a new one or even upgrade to 3Gs for your trouble. See if they wont ship with just a hold on a credit card to be released after receiving yours back. Thats what I'd try to do.

just my .02

Good Luck

12. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Fighting on the Internet it just like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. :eek::p

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You must be new if you havn't seen any swearing on here.

14. actorkid macrumors 6502

i guess id like to just reassure you that good iPhones DO exist out there.

I've had two iPhones, my original that I've had for two years, and the 3GS I bought on the 19th. Both have given me no problems at all.

it seems like you're unlucky which is unfortunate...just make sure you check out your refurb and make sure its perfect before leaving the store

have faith

15. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

:eek:

That's oversimplifying a bit, though. There are many other disabilities besides the mental variety. :p

16. davyreins macrumors 6502

meh, for all of the snide/sarcastic remarks I read on this forum I'm surprised somebody didn't flip earlier. By the way, I have had bad luck with my iPhones too. Went through 4 but now the one I have is perfect!

17. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I have been following the forum for years (but maybe not as often as i have in the last year or so) But i never seen somebody assaulting another person over a F***** phone. And normally people will use signs like the one i just used rather than being direct, using a word like dick, or bitch!!!!!!!

18. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I mean, six iPhones seems a little excessive, if you didn't see that coming?

19. cupofjoe macrumors regular

It was a joke, not an assumption...... that's why I went on to give him advice rather than ending with that.

Jesus. Whatever.

I dont think I came off strong, but there are a number of users that have trouble using their phones, and if you happen to be one of the unlucky ones that does and just has crappy refurbs, go to the Apple store and demand a new one, citing all the returns as a reason.

Sheesh.

20. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I am as surprised as you are

21. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Why do you have to do this? I dont live by an Apple Store either, but when my 1st gen iPhone had problems, I called it in, they sent me a box with a loaner phone, I duplicated my phones contents unto the loaner phone with iTunes, put my phone in the box, shipped it to them, and got a repaired phone back from them (only to send them back their loaner phone). Why cant you do that?

22. cupofjoe macrumors regular

Oh, and by the way, I never called you an idiot, OP. So thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Learn to be more mature, please.

23. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, it's not like a lot of people actually follow the forum rules. I've been amazed just how rude some people can be hiding behind their computer screens (not to say I haven't been rude somewhat myself at times, but I try not to be). Anyway, I think it's MMSitis that's got some people on edge lately. :)

24. Syonidism macrumors regular

- do you live near a power transformer sub-station ( reduces the high voltage low amp energy to low voltage high amp ) ??

- do you have any military bomb test sites around your town??

- have you checked your house for faulty electrical layout??

Most cases where a user gets a faulty product is neither the users nor the suppliers fault actually. Its usually small electromagnetic particles in the air near your living environment colliding (by a catalystic initial energy i.e. that spark you sometimes get when you plug in/out a plug.) and making small emps that short circuit equipment.

These cause more of a ruckus than most people realize.

PS: just think what the hadron collider can do if it has a leak :p lol 2038 problem!

25. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'd just like to point out that that was amazingly funny, especially since you didn't mean to do that. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.