I'm righty, this is how I hold my phone, how do you? "Death Grip"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orange42, Jul 31, 2010.

1. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Ok so I haven't really had the death grip problem so I've never been too concerned with it and/or how I held the phone. But I've come to realize that every time I use the phone my ring finger covers the entire left antenna and usually part of my palm covers the right antenna, and I am a righty. I read all this about only lefties having the problem touching the antenna but I clearly do it every time I make a phone call.

Here is a [crappy] picture taken with my MacBook (so it's mirrored) showing how I hold it, with my right hand with my finger covering the antenna:
    [​IMG]

So my question is; what grip do you use if you're a righty or lefty? I can't seem to find a comfortable hold on the phone other than what I use.

2. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

That's weird. Me being a righty as well, my ring finger is about a little over a 1/2 inch over my antenna. My right hand doesn't touch the right antenna either(unless I firmly grip my iPhone).

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I'm a righty and my ring finger covers the antenna EXACTLY, especially when I text. :rolleyes: Before I got a case I just tried to tuck my ring finger behind the phone which kind of worked. I'll try to get pics up.

5. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't touch it with texting. I usually use two hands for texting or when using one the phone gets clamped between my pink and ring finger with the thumb being used to type and the pointer, middle, and ring to support the back. If that makes sense.

6. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I have a 3GS right now, but that's how I hold it when on the phone also. I hold it with my left hand and do stuff with my right. And also, 5 iPhone 4s that I've had the absolute pleasure to use don't have any reception loss when held on any way at all.

7. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I hold mine anyway I want and have no problems what so ever.

I also have mine in an Otterbox Defender case because it is a sensitive piece of electronic equipment and it is glass front and back.

8. iluvifone macrumors 6502

I'm a leftie, and when I'm browsing the web, etc, my palm is covering the antenna, and i have no issues whatsoever. signal strength remains the same. Same when i make calls