I'm scared of a police state

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TSE, Aug 13, 2014.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Is the USA slowly falling into a police state? Is it one already?

Hopefully 50-60 years from now this post isn't dug up and the government sends me to a "re-education" camp.

2. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

That's where we're headed.

Go to YouTube and punch in any of these Keywords:

1. Bilderberg Group
    2. Council on Foreign Relations
    3. Trilateral Commission
    4. Federal Reserve
    5. North American Union
    6. One World Government
    7. New World Order
    8. Global Elite
    9. Global Governance
    10. Illuminati
    11. Rothschild
    12. Rockefeller

3. Meister, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

Meister Suspended

Meister

The world is becoming a police state and there is absolutely no sign of it getting better.

People do not care. They are being manipulated and hypnotized into wanting one.

Get ready to hide under a rock in the mountains and make yourself an aluminum foil hat.

I am not even sure if I am being funny ...

YouTube: video

4. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I thought this was the whole reason why you guys had the Second Amendment?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

I assume that the conservatives / gun advocates on the forum would support the formation of an armed militia in Ferguson?

5. FreemanW macrumors 6502

The gun toting morons in the United States are a joke when it comes to creating fear in the government.

Well regulated militia my butt.

6. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

And that's exactly what the Global Elite want. They control the mainstream media and use the mainstream media as a tool to hypnotize the sheeple.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

Don't tell me.
    I haven't watched TV or read mainstream newspapers in 15 years.
    Sometimes I see some of this stuff when I am in a hotel room and it's mind boggling that there is actually millions of people watching and believing! this ****. I am glad, I am not a young person. I don't even wanna know what's gonna come next. At my workplace we talk about this almost every day and everyone agrees that we are glad we do not have to grow up in this world.

Well I get back to making my aluminum foil hat so no aliens can probe my butthole ;)

8. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

The pictures coming out of Ferguson, Missouri are quite disturbing - mostly because what the police look like. I've heard of US police departments getting old military stuff, and a certain degree of recycling makes sense, but this is too far. The riot police look less like policeman and more like soldiers.

Even small details like wearing camouflage just create the wrong impression, rather than maintaining public order it looks like fighting an enemy. I've gone back and looked at some of the pictures of the London 2011 riots, and the police have shields etc, but still look like police. No camo, no guns, no tear gas etc.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And 2011 was the last time an unarmed black man was shot by the police here.

10. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Some departments around the country just might be taking their job too seriously.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

These are brown people. Our "well regulated" militias only mobilize for people like Cliven Bundy.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

There is serious research into rioting by social psychologists. The bottom line is that it is the behaviour of the police that predicts when a protest turns into a riot. Basically, when the police start forming lines or otherwise differentiating themselves from the crowd, it becomes an 'us-versus-them' social situation. Hence the violence. The Fergusan police have really screwed things up.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think the problem, in this case, is largely confined to individual police departments. And it is part of a trend towards over-militarization.

This is due to a number of factors. The first of which is that after a decade and a half of war, the US military is keen on giving away the excess and now unwanted equipment it has accumulated. Mine-resistent armored vehicles. etc. And police departments, hurt by often too-deep budget cuts, and only too anxious to take "free" equipment.

The second is the continued "War on Drugs." Of the more than 700 SWAT-style operations conducted last year, more than 80% were for drug raids on private homes. No doubt some drug dealers are dangerous. But I find it hard to believe every dude with a little weed for sale is really ready to act out the last reel of Scarface. If police departments have accurate information as to the presence of drugs in a building, they ought also to know if the seller is armed with automatic weapons.

At the very minimum, Police departments ought to do away with the wearing of MARPAT-camouflage on the streets. It sends precisely the wrong message (ie. one of an occupying army) - and serves no useful purpose. Unless you are dealing with an active sniper you want citizens to see the police. And unless and until IEDs start going off in our urban (and rural) neighborhoods - I think police ought to think twice about riding around in mine-resistance vehicles too.

I also believe that Police departments in general ought to face the fact that they ten to overstate the hazards of the job. Police officers are considerably less likely to die on duty than, for instance roofers, truck drivers, taxi drivers, and liquor-store workers. And police officers who do die on the job are more likely to succumb to car crashes and heart-attacks than robbers bullets. Not to suggest police do away with their body armor and side arms.

But maybe if more Ferguson police officers walked a beat on those streets - rather than showing up in armored personnel carriers - we wouldn't be having the problems that we do.

14. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Good grief. Where do you live? My office is in a small city in a rural/tourist area. While the city does use normal police cars, the biggest police presence we see in the summer are police officers wearing their uniform shirts, shorts, and bike helmets as they patrol on two wheels.

That's the city police force. The rest of the county is served by the county sheriff. Most of the deputies are so overweight they'd probably have a heart attack if they tried to run after anyone.

No police state here. Heck, we don't even have street lights outside the city limits.

15. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm very happy for you that things are so rosy for you there in Mayberry.

But please don't assume that its that way everywhere else.

16. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I made no assumptions. Nor should you.

17. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

My search turned up Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.:D Google (they have too much of my personal info:eek:) tailored the search to my interest. I guess I'm more interested in rasslin' than conspiracy theories and global politics.:eek::eek::)

18. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I commented on how the police are dumb as rocks and act like school yard bullys! Now we are seeing the results of the these thugs that never heard nonlethal things.

Beside what ever happened to cops walking/biking in cities? IMHO the police list touch with people when they decided to stop walking in the neighborhood!

19. jolux macrumors regular

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You're kidding, right? You didn't just go full Alex Jones on a post about the police state, did you?

20. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

I'm not kidding. I watch a lot of YouTube videos and have used all of those keywords. Alex Jones is not the only one trying to get the word out; I am too.

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Because nobody on YouTube has ever been completely full of ****.

22. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

Depends on which video you're watching.

23. jolux macrumors regular

Can confirm: YouTube is now the most reliable, most accurate source on the internet.

I'm not even going to argue with you over this. The people who say the same things you do are too far off the deep end to debate logically.

You do realize Alex Jones has been saying for a long time that the Illuminati were going to take over in the next year. He said it in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. I don't know about you, but I don't see any Illuminati.

24. VI™ macrumors 6502a

We need smarter cops. Some days I wish I was a police officer.

25. Huntn, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

What I find interesting about this thread is living in a country where gun ownership to the extreme is promoted to fight off the nasty government, there are private militias, and then there is law enforcement that seemingly over reacts to demonstrations. As someone mentioned, why did the private militias not show up to defend Furgeson, Missouri residents, like they did poor abused Rancher Bundy... wrong color residents? :rolleyes:

What would of happened if 100 heaviy armed black militia members showed up in Furgeson to defend residents from the abuses of the police? Tell me.

Anyhow, we are moving towards a situation best described as a mess. We as a country need to pull our heads out of our asses and find a level playing field that represents all our our citizens. If white guys are allowed to walk around brandishing their weapons exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, so should everyone else. And if a large group of blacks do that we'll all be ok with that too...:rolleyes: