General I'm seeing 2 packages in Flex under Web and curious if anyone knows what they are?

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
The looked to be by the same author but stuff like this tends to be to good to be true so I thought I'd come here and ask. (If ya don't see Web, you need to install the Flex patch the disables the blocking of those patches)

Here are the two packages. What do ya guys think?

He also looks to have another flex patch for Springboard that he claims boosts the battery by 60%. Again making me question the first two tweaks lol. Here's a pic of that listing.

Attachments

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
So funny. A month or two ago I had the same questions. I installed the web boost patch and ended up removing it. I can't remember exactly why but I don't think it was doing anything. I might have removed it after looking at what it was actually patching. Can't remember for sure thorough. Maybe I'll give it another whirl and run some tests.

Have you tried it yet?

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
So funny. A month or two ago I had the same questions. I installed the web boost patch and ended up removing it. I can't remember exactly why but I don't think it was doing anything. I might have removed it after looking at what it was actually patching. Can't remember for sure thorough. Maybe I'll give it another whirl and run some tests.

Have you tried it yet?
Not yet, I'm really curious though. I'm sorta expecting nothing but at the same time I might just have no clue just what it does lol.
I was hoping that some of the more tech savvy might have a better understanding. Plus no idea how to test it lol. If you do decide to give em a try let me know!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Not yet, I'm really curious though. I'm sorta expecting nothing but at the same time I might just have no clue just what it does lol.
I was hoping that some of the more tech savvy might have a better understanding. Plus no idea how to test it lol. If you do decide to give em a try let me know!
Well I can tell you the battery saver is kinda useless. It just disables all those things listed in the description plus some other minor things. I prefer to use the control center to disable radios and the settings app to disable features lol

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Well I can tell you the battery saver is kinda useless. It just disables all those things listed in the description plus some other minor things. I prefer to use the control center to disable radios and the settings app to disable features lol
lol Well that's pretty boring and misleading. I'm still curious about the Web ones, but battery savers not a good sign lol