I'm so late!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Swagged, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Swagged macrumors regular

March 10th 2013, I jumped on the unlocked iphone 5 for t-mobile bandwagon, and 2 weeks and 2 days later T-mobile announces iphone 5. I coudn't even enjoy the new found freedom I gained after leaving AT&T since iPhone 1 launch....

2. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Run back to a nearby apple store, ask them to give you in store credit...so you can buy the new "tweaked" iphone 5 on april 11th...it will be available in apple store as well since Apple will be selling it as "Unlocked" and for use as AT&T iPhone 5....it will also be the standard GSM model...

3. rockitdog macrumors 68020

If you bought from Apple you have 30 days to return an iphone no questions asked.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

What do you mean by standard GSM? Does that mean T-Mobile iP5 will be unlocked GSM. I'm planning on purchasing it full price from T-Mobile. I read it would be cheaper than Apple (according to blogs) plus no contract.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I also heard that apple will honor T-Mobile's pricing or something. I'm sure this'll all be cleared up in time. Or you can try contacting apple and see what they tell you

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thanks. Do you know if the T-Mobile iP5 will be GSM unlocked even without a contract for use internationally?

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I think it comes locked to T-Mobile. When you pay your phone in full, just call T-Mobile and they'll process a request to get your device unlocked

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thanks. I'll check with T-Mobile. I think the phone comes out on 4/12th.

9. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

1. go to the apple store and demand a store credit/refund right now before you expire your 30 day period
    2. it's locked until you pay it in full. if its paid in full, call tmobile for unlock
    3. tmobile aws phone comes out 4/12

good luck OP