im soooo confused

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFreak89, Jun 21, 2010.

1. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

first i have looked at the other threads but im sooo confused still.

I have a 15% student discount on ATT. does that consider me a FAN and will it prohibit me from getting my reserved iphone on the 24th? i keep hearing people saying this so im confused... :S

2. mo0620 macrumors regular

i'm on the coca cola 28% discount, and I was able to preorder iphones fine, one of them thru apple, and the other two lines through att. You should be fine.

3. AppleFreak89 thread starter macrumors regular

4. AppleFreak89 thread starter macrumors regular

5. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

I don't know if you are an Apple FAN or not but in AT&T terms, having a student discount indicates that you receive what is know as a National Account Discount (NAD) and this is indcated by a Foundation Account Number (FAN) that is assigned to your AT&T account. This magic FAN determines what discount you receive from AT&T.

When you log into AT&T's portal http://www.att.com/olam on the main portal page (upper right banner section) you will see a Number ( this is your FAN ).

The quickest way to know if you can purchase at Apple is to go to the Apple site and check your Eligiblity. Here is the direct link: https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/checkUpgradeEligibility

You will get an error message if Apple is unable to access your account. No error means that your FAN is not a problem. Having a FAN tied to your account is not the major issue with Apple accessing your account, the biggest issues the type of account. For some silly reason, AT&T chose not to share all of it's business accounts with Apple, go figure...:eek:

Dave

6. AppleFreak89 thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOUUUU !!!!!!!