I'm sure a lot of you have heard this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gavernty, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Gavernty macrumors 6502

"You should wait before you get the new IPhone, because there is always something wrong when they first come out." And it's always the least tech savy person giving this advice, I have just learned to not argue about this topic since they refuse to realize the majority of problems are software related and not hardware.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I don't agree that there has always been something wrong with every iPhone at launch, but I do agree that it's a good idea to let the eager work out the kinks and then buy the device once everyone else decides whether it's really that great or not. :D

3. Gavernty thread starter macrumors 6502

eh, I see your point, but then again this is the same design as the IPhone 4 so there shouldn't be any kinks to work out hardware wise

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

But the "hardware" kinks would mostly be in the processor (which would be new for a device of that size)

5. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Even if something was wrong with it, Apple has great customer service and will probably replace yours for free if something's wrong ;)

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Actually waiting can backfire. I waited too long to get the iPhone 4 and never received my free bumper. :(

7. fender57 macrumors 6502

I've bought the original iPhone, the 3GS, and the 4 at launch. Never had an issue.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I would never use a bumper. :p