I'm sure I'm being stuppid... View whole movie/programme titles on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doug.hall, Oct 17, 2008.

1. doug.hall macrumors regular

Does anyone know if you can scroll or view the whole title of a movie or TV programme on the iPhone? I have a number of TV episodes that finish with 1,2...x but never know which one to pick becuase I can't see the whole title. I'm sure you can do this but for the life of me I can't work it out.

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

3. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

i also have this problem. I ended up just renaming them but it would be nice to just have to scroll through the whole name.

4. puercaeli macrumors regular

I have no idea why Apple is not addressing this issue

I thought this issue applied to all Apple portable devices but that was not the case.

I have one possible reason I can think of why Apple is doing this-battery saving. I am not too sure if I am right but may be scrolling the text increases the screen refresh rate and may be that decreases battery life....

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

That theory is WAY too complicated. It's much simpler than that. Basically, they just haven't had time.

Look at all the big problems they fixed with the 2.1 update. I don't think "scrolling text" was very high on their list when the phone couldn't stay connected to 3G networks.

Now that the basics are working better, I'm sure they're turning to these sort of things. I'd expect this to be something added in 2.2 or 2.3. Slowly the iPhone will gather all the features that previous iPods have had.

6. doug.hall thread starter macrumors regular

You're probably right on apples focus on other issues. It's reasuring to know that I wasn't missing something obvious.

Thanks for the feedback.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It is a little anoying when my 5th Gen iPod does scrolling text, but my iPhone doesn't. It's by no means a deal breaker, and for the most part I don't mind, but I have a lot of essential mixes and songs where I want to see all the artists on the track. I'd imagine we'll see copy & past first though.

8. wenglish macrumors member

I'd feel better if the iPhone were to quickly gather all the features that existing PDA phones have:D

Mike

9. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

They put ipods on the market with scrolling text. your theory is not plausible..

Sure, this is a feature by Apple in order to optimize battery savings and to waste your time on renaming titles. way to goo!