Im sure this has been answered many times but......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by daveyp2007, Jun 25, 2010.

1. daveyp2007 macrumors newbie

Hi Everybody,

I have an iphone 3gs, i used to have itunes on a desktop pc, and therefore used to sync, back up etc on it. In typical windows fashion it has died a death, and so decided to by a mac book pro, which is very nice!!!:)

Problem i have is i have itunes purchased music and my own music i dont want to loose on the phone, is there any way i can download whats on the phone to my new itunes on the mac, and then mac that my main "pc" please remember though i have no way of transferring anything of my old PC!!

Please Help, cheers

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I have nooooo idea what you're trying to say in bold.

Assuming you just want to get purchased music from the iPhone to iTunes, just right click on the iPhone in iTunes and click transfer purchases.

3. daveyp2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

it wasnt really saying much at all!! Just that once i transferred everything onto the MBP that it would then be the main computer i sync on.

Thanks for the initial reply, however is there anyway of getting non purchased items into itunes

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Apps that are free can just use transfer purchases to get them over (even though it's not a purchase, it's considered a "free" purchase).

Music that you didn't buy can't be transferred via iTunes. Since you have a PC, you can use Sharepod, a great free program that does music and more, but won't work if you're not on iTunes 9.1 or before (it's last update was April and it hasn't been updated for 9.2).