I'm torn. I'm a die hard iPhone lover, but Lewis Hamilton has a BB Storm.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rybold, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

2. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Damn Timo Glock! :mad: Lewis Hamilton is pure car! A true driver is Fernando Alonso! he win races in freaking Renault!!

3. Tosser macrumors 68030

LOL, spoken like a die-hard fanboy. "Against his will", ha ha.

Perhaps he likes that he can not only take video, but take pictures and send them back home? That sounds like a decent argument against the iPhone, regardless of how much a company paid him.

4. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

I do have to give Fernando credit for that. Job well done.

A BB that takes video? Hahaha. When Lewis sends me a bedroom video of his model girlfriend, I'll believe it then. :D

5. Tosser macrumors 68030

Well, that's what he said in the advert – like it or not. I wouldn't mind those videos, though :p

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

7. Jeremy W macrumors regular

Yep, the Storm takes video. It can also do turn-by-turn GPS.

8. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

I have a full GPS in my car. I have never used turn-by-turn. I always just look at the map. I like to know my route before I leave home and be able to use the map only to verify my progress. We talk about all these things today that make people "mindless," meaning that people aren't using their brains anymore ... a coworker of mine said she relies on her GPS so much, she has no idea how to get to our clients' businesses without it. Ummmm. :confused: "braindead?"

By looking at maps and knowing where I am going before I leave, I'm strengthening my brain and remaining independent and learning and making connections between different routes and locations so that, in fact, I could get directly from one "destination" to another "destination" because my brain has made the connection between the two. Anyhow. I'm sure you're going to try and argue for my coworker. One of these days she's going to get lost big time. Sucks for her. Maybe then, she'll actually get to use her brain.

9. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Is this what people do?, if they see their favourite Singer / Driver/ Whatever... endorses something they have to get it?

People arent so gulable now a days are they?

10. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

That is really dumb.

Yeah, Alonso did a great job in the lesser Renault and has twice been the world champ, but Lewis is extraordinary too. He is a master in the rain, the most testing situation there is in F1.

Lewis also blew away Heikki this year, and Heikki is a very talented driver.

As for Lewis's phone, it's just a copy of an iPhone which means it's probably pretty good.

11. Jeremy W macrumors regular

So do I, but I still believe that turn-by-turn should be available on any phone that has GPS capabilities. Just because I wouldn't use it doesn't mean that I can't see why it would be useful for other people.
    How about the Calculator app? Giving people a calculator that is always in their pocket dulls their math skills. Calendar app? Just remember appointments yourself. Same for Contacts, you should just remember everyone's phone numbers. Camera? Why not just draw what you're looking at, art skills are at stake here. Do I need to go on?

Your argument is rooted in fanboyism, not logic. If the iPhone could do turn-by-turn GPS, I guarantee you wouldn't be arguing that they shouldn't have included it.

12. jayenh macrumors 6502

apply that logic to the 2007 season.

why would you want the phone just because he is sponsored by vodafone and has to use a product available on their network? buy a phone based on what it offers you, not because you see someone else with it and think you must have it too. really, i didn't think that kind of marketing worked anymore.

13. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Apparently, going by this thread that is exactly what people do…
    :(
    And yes, people are gullible. Seems they haven't realised "celebrities" get paid vast amounts for their endorsements.

Just weird…

14. synagence macrumors 6502a

Its exactly the same as the fact that Lewis Hamilton drives a mercedes ... Vodafone is a title sponsor of McLaren therefore Lewis and since Vodafone is the exclusive carrier in the UK for the BB Storm its only logical that he'll have one.

Its not a personal endorsement by him ... its sponsorship

15. iblastoff macrumors 6502

what kind of idiotic logic is this??? yah and if you decide to walk and run instead of drive a car, you'd improve your leg muscles too. big deal.

and i don't know of any respectable celebrity that even uses an iphone.

16. skasol macrumors 6502

Thank you for this, it's early in the morning and this made me laugh.

17. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

One Blackberry Storm thread is more than enough, thanks.

Drivers and teams are this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.