I'm trying to choose between the SwitchEasy Colors and the CapsuleNeo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aornish, Dec 13, 2008.

1. aornish macrumors newbie

I have a black iPhone 3G, how do they compare to each other?

2. aornish thread starter macrumors newbie

which one would you say offers better protection? (say, against the screen cracking). also, is one bulkier than the other?

3. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I would say get the neo because it seems to be a product that has soft silicone on the inside and hard plastic on the outside, but if you use a skin (invisible shield or gelaskin, etc) you should get the color case because it isn't super tight on the phone.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Try searching. Both are slim cases, the Colors is a silicone for $15 where the Neo has an added bit of plastic to the silicone for $30. Both have been discussed to death in this forum, so try doing a search before starting ANOTHER thead on these 2 cases.

5. aornish thread starter macrumors newbie

I've read a LOT about both cases... including both threads on these forums, just wanted some direct comparison between the two.

i've probably done too much research, so its hard to actually choose between the two.

6. danieldelgado29 macrumors member

Go with the Colors case....I had a neo and it broke in a week.

7. aornish thread starter macrumors newbie

8. thenewguy macrumors regular

I just got a neo and I'm not happy with it. It looks great, but the I frame is wiggly, a ton of crap got under it because it doesn't fit tightly (at least it has that silicon sheath).

I emailed them, hoping to get a replacement or a refund.

9. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

My recent post with regards to Neo:
    (I forgot to add the link to this post but it's here in the forums)

So you should definitely ask them for a replacement, cause mine right now is really snug, not to mention no more discolorations so far.

For the OP, get the Neo, and since you have a black iPhone you could go for the black capsule neo.

10. aornish thread starter macrumors newbie

how much protection for drops (protecting against the screen cracking/shattering) will the neo provide (vs the rebel or colors)

11. aornish thread starter macrumors newbie

(do you feel like your iPhone is protected from the screen cracking in the neo if you dropped it?)

12. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

No case with the front open (99% of all cases) are going to give you much screen protection.

13. aornish thread starter macrumors newbie

I've head that the neo hits hard. would the rebel provide better protection than the neo, or are they comparable?

14. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

No one really wants to let your iPhone with a case be thrown or fall on the ground purposely. I haven't tested the rebel yet, but the silicon membrane underneath the neo case will somehow give shock protection.

15. threezero macrumors 6502

I have dropped my neo on concrete before. the Neo definately took most of the impact and was scratch up. So yes unless your phone landed with the screen on a blunt object it would most likely be safe from a fall.

The rebel on the other hand, the bottom pieces sags after awhile. I've never drop the phone while in the rebel however the bottom portion of the chrome is already scruff up. And the back of the rebel the sillicone part (not the shiny spine that everybody complains about) has DEEP scratches that I can only assume comes from my own hand. I do recall picking at the sillicone part during certain frustrating phone calls but I do not have long nails....

In the end, I gave the neo away to a frd and I still have the white rebel that I use once in awhile. The neo while is a superior built case it does have sum flaws
    - it doesn't look good when beat up(the rebel still looks good with the deep scratchs :p)
    -my I frame wiggled like no tommorrow
    -not good if you like to switch cases often like me
    - the final flaw really killed me.... the raise logo on the back of the case. When i made my purchase decision I though its just a little logo I couldn't really be bother by that... well it did and it's the logo that ultimately made me give the case away.

16. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I have a Capsule Rebel Black, and I threw my phone on the ground, amazingly the phone was intact, but the screen just failed to display anything. It also had a invisible shield on as well. Good shock protection, but at the end of he day, it didn't survive. Had to get it replaced.

17. aornish thread starter macrumors newbie

what cases would any of you guys recommend over the neo?