I'm trying to find a way of getting my videos off of my Lumia 710

Craigwilliam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Auckland
The windows phone software is no good, it doesn't pick up the phone anymore and the Windows version didn't find it either I tried Nokia photo transfer which had the same problem and dropbox for windows phone doesn't seem to let me upload videos, skydive compressed the video to a lower quality and resolution.
Bluetooth also seemed to be a dead end it seemed to let me send a file to the phone but not browse the phone for files.
Any thoughts?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
The windows phone software is no good, it doesn't pick up the phone anymore and the Windows version didn't find it either I tried Nokia photo transfer which had the same problem and dropbox for windows phone doesn't seem to let me upload videos, skydive compressed the video to a lower quality and resolution.
Bluetooth also seemed to be a dead end it seemed to let me send a file to the phone but not browse the phone for files.
Any thoughts?
As far as I know, Microsoft has ceased support for WP7.x.

Only WP8.x is supported by Microsoft.

Not sure whether the cessation of support by Microsoft can affect it though.

I've no problems with my Lumia 1020, but then, it's running WP8.1.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Any thoughts?
Does the 710 have a microSD card? If so, can you move the files to the card and then manually remove the card and put the files on your Mac using a card reader?