I'm trying to unlock my iPhone and get it on my Verizon Account

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by timmystets, May 5, 2008.

1. timmystets macrumors newbie

timmystets

Forgive me if this is an old topic. I tried searching it but I can not understand a lot of technical terms.

Does anyone know the best way to do this........ If it can be done at all?

2. atluten macrumors 6502

Unfortunately this will not work as the iPhone runs on GSM, a radio communication technology, and Verizon uses CDMA. Phones that use only GSM are unable to use CDMA and vice versa.

3. danny_w macrumors 601

Sorry, it won't work. At&t and Verizon use totally different and incompatible technologies (GSM vs. CDMA). You cannot use a GSM phone on a CDMA network, period.

4. zmit macrumors regular

elaborating....

one has a sim card... the other does not!

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's a shame that you bought an iPhone when every report said it won't work on Verizon. You're trying to use a BlueRay-only player to watch a HD-DVD movie (or use a FM-only radio to listen to AM stations); won't work due to incompatible technologies.

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

My parents tried to get a Blu-Ray disk to play on their DVD player that was connected to their New HDTV. Needless to say it didn't work :(

7. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

the iPhone will be able to work with Verizon, as soon as their 700mhz GSM wireless spectrum opens up. Rumored 2009 availability dates

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

That's if Apple puts a 700Mhz radio in. It took them a year to get a 850/1900/2100Mhz in there (and that's not rumored to happen until later this year!)

9. tdar macrumors 6502a

and It's not GSM it's LTE...plus the2009 date is for building and testing....Customers might get in in 2010