I'm UK buying via education (Uni), do you get out hardware cover free still?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MrMister111, Oct 28, 2015.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Years ago bought an iMac via education link for uni in UK, along with discount got a free 3 year hardware warranty which is good deal.

Do you still get the free 3 year hardware warranty? I know it doesn't include telephone etc, but not bothered about that, more for hardware, especially as this time wanting a laptop, most probably the air.

Can't find any info about this, and the education links don't work now looks like Apple has tightened up in getting them.

Anyone got one in UK recently can help me with info.

Thanks

2. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

Yes, if you buy a Laptop via Apple education, you get 3 year applecare included but without the technical support via telephone.

You can upgrade to 'full' applecare for around £80 I think at checkout.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Fast response thanks for that! You don't know discount or prices do you?

Amazon UK got the 11" air basic one, new for £608, if the discount is decent it's worth it for the hardware warranty

4. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

I'm not at Uni at the moment so I can't check as my unidays account isn't working. As a general guide though, the discount is somewhere between 12-17% off the normal price I think. But this also includes 3 years of hardware support too.

EDIT: Also have a look at the MBA 11 in store. After using mine for about 6 months I'm going back to my 13 rMBP, as the screen resolution and screen size meant that text was just too small and fuzzy and was straining my eyes. Although i love the weight of the thing, I practically take it everywhere with me.