I'm voting Dino Rossi GOP for WA Gov, why?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by montanachad, Oct 14, 2008.

1. montanachad macrumors regular

montanachad

I believe in working! I need a steady job. The Democrats don't like me. :mad:

Maybe it's just me, but under the democrat government in WA State is hard for this ex-felon to get a job. When I lived in Alaska I was a convicted felon, but never went without a job under a local population that was majority conservative and GOP. In Alaska I worked as a Web Editor at the newspaper, a pizza dough boy, in the computer lab at the university, etc.. This may sound like a whimsical argument, but I am voting Dino Rossi (GOP) as governor of Washington State. Liberals love for me to be under their thumb, on welfare, with BS diagnoses of BiPolar, which is a fake "disease". Oh, I got my voting rights restored by completing my sentence for domestic violence.

Why are conservatives about putting people to work and liberals want to expand their power by putting people on welfare?

Currently I work in self employment selling homeless activism street newspaper (a charity called Real Change, primary mission to put homeless people to work - get out and sell!), and 15 hours per week working for a Libertarian boss. Also going to school for computer programming.

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

You don't believe that bi-polar disorder is a real disease?

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Kinda hard to claim you're not bi-something when you tell us you live in two locations. :D

Anyway, bi-polar is real. My brother-in-law has it, as does my nephew. It wasn't pretty when he was out of control. It manifests itself differently in people, but he became a raging workaholic, to the point where he'd get almost no sleep and was becoming incoherent and losing weight because he couldn't make himself stop to eat. Then he'd have his dark period where he'd crash.

But anyway...barring more detail, I'm at a loss to understand why liberals would want you on welfare instead of working. I'm not denying your statement that you're having trouble finding a job, but it's hardly part of the liberal belief system to keep ex-felons on the dole.

Unfortunately, the "ex-felon" thing is of course a big red flag to many potential employers, and that's a non-partisan thing. Some folks just aren't willing to give people a second chance, which is unfair, even counter-productive, to ex-felons who really do want to put their past behind them.

I am glad to hear you're going to school for computer programming. That, and time, are on your side. As time goes by and you continue to stay out of trouble, that felony record will look less and less relevant to potential employers. Good luck to you.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Check back later, he might have a different opinion.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm voting Dino Rossi GOP for WA Gov, why?

Because you like to reward corrupt politicians?

It's funny that you blame Democrats for your problems rather than taking any personal responsibility for your past decisions.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Funny how libertarians preach personal responsibility but blame the government for everything, isn't it :rolleyes:

7. MacHipster macrumors 6502

You beat me to it. :D

8. montanachad thread starter macrumors regular

montanachad

Who the **** are to you to say I don't take personal responsibility? :mad:

I maintain a 3.9 GPA, pay my bills, and take care of other people.

9. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Because you're blaming liberals and/or Democrats for your difficulty of getting hired when you admit that you are a convicted felon. What's more likely, you not getting hired due to the liberals and/or Democrats plan to keep you on welfare or you not getting hired because you were convicted of a felony?

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Then stop blaming Democrats for your woes.

Duh.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Then stop blaming Democrats for your woes, and start taking some ****ing responsibility for the situation you find yourself in.

Duh.

12. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

If I still lived in WA I would vote for Dino just to get Gregoire out of office because of her Child support issues.

The link below is an MP3 from a Seattle radio show, in this segment they talk about the child support system in WA and just how corrupt and unfair it is. Every time Gregoire is questioned about it she just blows it off and she hasn't done a thing to improve things, unless you count raping a man's finances and letting women off the hook an improvement.

http://lumbermansvo.com/Audio/bj.mp3

13. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Rossi opposes abortion rights, embryonic stem-cell research, gay marriage, and women's access to basic health care. He compared a requirement that pharmacies dispense emergency contraception to making stores carry "my favorite brand of soft drink." He's promised to veto a gay-marriage bill. And has the backing of powerful Building Industry Association of Washington – a very sleazy PAC whose primary mission is to fight progressive legislation and push antitax, anticonsumer, antienvironment agenda.

Rossi thinks that his 8-lane highway plan would cost $3.3 billion. A billion less that a current 6-lane plan. You do the math.

Seven Reasons to Fear Dino Rossi

Want some reasons to get fired up about Gregoire? Here are a few: She pushed through climate-change legislation, added tens of thousands of kids to the state's children's health-insurance program, increased the state housing trust fund by $50 million, and has consistently signed Democratic-agenda legislation that her opponent would have vetoed. And she backed Obama before backing Obama was popular.

14. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I used to live in Washington. I wouldn't vote for Rossi because he's a republican slime ball plain and simple.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hey, you can cut the price of anything if you leave out certain little factors...like quality materials and safety inspections.